Thread: fasttrack v3 update 07.06

ninwii

Default fasttrack v3 update 07.06

the new update screwed up fast-track completely

after updating using the fast-track menu the fast-track.py isn't executable anymore....so i changed the permissions to 744 manually.

after exec the file again you get

File "./fast-track.py", line 406
    not modify the Meta

SyntaxError: EOF while scanning triple-quoted string

Default Hey..

Quote Originally Posted by ninwii View Post
    the new update screwed up fast-track completely

after updating using the fast-track menu the fast-track.py isn't executable anymore....so i changed the permissions to 744 manually.

after exec the file again you get

File "./fast-track.py", line 406
    not modify the Meta

SyntaxError: EOF while scanning triple-quoted string
    Hey dude..not sure what happened, the update works fine on my system and from a vanilla backtrack install. Maybe the download got interrupted? Redownload it from http://www.securestate.com/files/fas.../fasttrack.tgz

tar -zxvf in the fasttrack folder, chmod 744 fast-track.py

Should be all set..

ninwii

Quote Originally Posted by relik View Post
    Hey dude..not sure what happened, the update works fine on my system and from a vanilla backtrack install. Maybe the download got interrupted? [/url]

tar -zxvf in the fasttrack folder, chmod 744 fast-track.py

Should be all set..
    its possible that the download got interrupted. ( btw it was version 2.3 not version 3.0). is it possible to improve the update process, so that it will be impossible to stay at a state where you are't able to start fast-track anymore?

maybe this workflow:

- start update process
    - check for new fast-track version using checksum
    - ask "should i update to new version" ( Yes / No / Quit)
    - download the new version to tmp directory
    - check checksum again
    - if the checksum is correct, replace old fast-track.py with the new version

( i dont know if thats the way it works in version 3 )

another little thing:

to avoid the update of the milworm file again and again...use the "touch" command to create a file in the milworm directory and before fast-track download the milworm.tgz again it checks for existence of the "touched file" checks if the the file "touched" today (the last 2-3 hours or something like that) and then skip the download of the file / or start the download.

in that way you minimize the traffic between backtrack/fasttrack users and the milworm website

Not a bad idea but not on the priority list at this point, I'll put it to the wish list