Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cracking Random Wpa Keys

Default Cracking Random Wpa Keys

I just got done following the rad tutorials from Xploitz and the gang, and got it to work! ( cracking my wpa key)
    but then as I was running around the house with my shirt ripped off screaming GOAL!!! GOAL!!! GOAL!!!, wait a minute, in the password.lst file i put in the correct and completely random password that my router gave me when i set up my network for my other windows cmputers ( i wanted to see if i was doing things right) It's made up of a bunch of upper and lower case letters and numbers-- so... is there a thread i can read or a program at our disposal that throws random combonations thru aircrack or a library-- or do people normally get to choose their own passkey with wpa or is my linksys router just that kind of shortbus special? do other brands of router use different passkeys?
    Is this type of attack a few years too old for these random keys and if so what type works against big random keys?
    BTW, I'm downloading the 7gig file from the church of wifi now, but that's only 1 million known words. Aren't there 6 million in the english dictionary, and that's not random combos..... I'm thinking a piece of code that takes all keys, #'s, and symbols, combines them randomly and places them each in their own line in a password.lst file would be the way, but this would be terrabytes of info right? I'd be down to help, but i'm no code master, but could probably suffice for a research rat
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    The difficult done immediately, The impossible done as discovery (read..google) allows

All password cracking that implement wordlist attacks are based on the same presumption, i.e. human stupidity. People most often choose non-random and easily guessable passwords which is why this type of attack will most likely never go out of fashion.

Many routers these days offer a random alphanumeric password as an attempt to help people not to choose a weak password. However, it is not uncommon to see this password still being changed to a word of minimum length and difficulty.

To crack a alphanumeric password on the other hand a wordlist attack will be unsuccessful and the only way will be to bruteforce it, i.e. try every possible combination of words and letters. As the WPA password can be between 8 and 63 characters it is easy to understand that an attack of this sort will be impossible for most people to actually implement. It will simply take practically forever to guess every single combination of ascii characters and upper/lower letter combination even for a password of the barely 8-10 characters. Well unless you happen to have the combined CPU power of googles whole computerpark at your disposal that is
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Talking

Anybody know where the 33gig wordlist file is from the church of wifi?
    their locator link is down from shmoo.

Just burned his ISO somedudeppf's Avatar

I think Xploitz has a link directly to it on his post about WPA Cracking with Airolib-ng. I'm too lazy to link it, sorry.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by somedudeppf View Post
    I think Xploitz has a link directly to it on his post about WPA Cracking with Airolib-ng. I'm too lazy to link it, sorry.
    I'm never too lazy to help anyone

hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=11875&highlight=wordlist&page=14

Just burned his ISO somedudeppf's Avatar

showoff

hxxp://umbra.shmoo.com:6969/torrents/wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman.torrent?95896A255A82D1FE8B6A2BFFC 098B735058B30D7

take that sucka, directly to the torrent

showoff

hxxp://umbra.shmoo.com:6969/torrents/wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman.torrent?95896A255A82D1FE8B6A2BFFC 098B735058B30D7

Link doesn't work any more.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

yeah both the http and tracker ports are /closed for some reason...
    I didnt download them when i could, cuase the werey big, but now that i need them they are gone
    hope the torrent gets back again...
    -Google is watching you

-June 1, 2001, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer: "Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches."

Just burned his ISO

showoff

Isn't it ILLEGAL to post links to torrents...?

Isn't it ILLEGAL to post links to torrents...?
    Torrents themselves are not illegal, unless of course they are used to spread copyright protected material. So no reason for it to be illegal to link to this particular torrent.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast