Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wordlist trouble, pureh@te's

peithan

Default wordlist trouble, pureh@te's

I downloaded pureh@tes wordlist. aircrack dosnt wanna run through it, and when i open it i cant see any words, only ascasii symbols. Why is that? Is the wordlist made for any other program and can't be red in plain-text?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by peithan View Post
    I downloaded pureh@tes wordlist. aircrack dosnt wanna run through it, and when i open it i cant see any words, only ascasii symbols. Why is that? Is the wordlist made for any other program and can't be red in plain-text?

Thanks!
    Maybe it wasn't downloaded/converted properly? Which list specifically and what program did you use to download it?
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Developer

The list seems to have been corrupted somehow. Its only the first few million lines so you can use the sed command to delete lines until the garbage is gone.

bt~#sed '1,(# of lines to delete)d' wordlist.txt

Then just look at the file and see what there is

bt~#cat | head -n 20 wordlist.txt

keep deleting till the garbage is gone. to see the number of lines in the file use the wc command

bt~#wc -l wordlist.txt

OR you can just down load this WPA list I made for another project. Its 64 million words 8-63 charectors and it was made from my other wordlist.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7RN6ZB2E

peithan

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    The list seems to have been corrupted somehow. Its only the first few million lines so you can use the sed command to delete lines until the garbage is gone.

bt~#sed '1,(# of lines to delete)d' wordlist.txt

Then just look at the file and see what there is

bt~#cat | head -n 20 wordlist.txt

keep deleting till the garbage is gone. to see the number of lines in the file use the wc command

bt~#wc -l wordlist.txt

OR you can just down load this WPA list I made for another project. Its 64 million words 8-63 charectors and it was made from my other wordlist.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7RN6ZB2E
    Thanks, i'll try yours.

Just burned his ISO

i have a problem with the wordlist i don't know the metod to charge them.thanx

Please, if you are having problems and want to get some help with solving them you might want to specify your problem a bit more exactly. I suppose that you mean that you do not know how to manipulate the wordlist? There are several threads about that on the forum already but here are some useful commands for you as well.

Code:
    man cat
    man sed
    man grep
    Reading up on these and really understanding them will help you get a long way in the linux world. Apart from that pureh@te's post, just two posts above yours, does already explain the procedure quite thoroughly.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnos View Post
    Wow that wasn't vague or anything. The answer must be 42.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

The answer must be 42.
    Nice to find a fellow hitchhiker on the forum

kinda off topic but does anyone know where to find any good foreign language wordlists?

i've tried a couple of lists (from argon i think) but the problem there was that some of the special characters i need (like Ă, ě & ┼ which are unique for the Norwegian language) were missing, so that words that contain those characters either had another letter instead or were just missing a letter completely...

some of the special characters i need (like Ă, ě & ┼ which are unique for the Norwegian language) were missing
    Although I am sure that you know this already, but remember that WPA and many other password schemes will only accept ASCII characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast