Thread: NTFS question

Just burned his ISO

Default NTFS question

I noticed that even though bt3 mounts my windows ntfs partition I can't seem to be able to write to it. Is this not yet possible or am I just missing a setting. Thanks.

Nice work to whoever added ntfs compatibility by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by unusualbob View Post
    I noticed that even though bt3 mounts my windows ntfs partition I can't seem to be able to write to it. Is this not yet possible or am I just missing a setting. Thanks.

Nice work to whoever added ntfs compatibility by the way.
    NTFS support in linux is iffy most of the time. I'm pretty sure we only get read only with backtrack.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I figured as much, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm pretty sure we only get read only with backtrack.
    No, we can also write to NTFS. Read the online manual for "NTFS-3G" to learn how to mount the drive as R/W.

However, use it with caution. There have been reports of corrupted Windoze partitions after NTFS-3G usage (but the later versions seem to have corrected this problem). Also, PROPERLY unmount any mounted NTFS drives to minimize any possibility of drive corruption.