Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computing WPA-PSK table for an unsual SSID

Just burned his ISO

Question Computing WPA-PSK table for an unsual SSID

Hi all,

The huge WPA tables computed by Shmoo for cowpatty are prepared for the 1000 most common SSIDs.

However, i would like to test on an AP using an SSID not listed in there.

Is it possible (i mean using a classic AMD64 CPU) to precompute a table for this unique SSID with a list of 1 million word ?

I don't know if tis would take 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or 1 century !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evilangel View Post
    Hi all,

The huge WPA tables computed by Shmoo for cowpatty are prepared for the 1000 most common SSIDs.

However, i would like to test on an AP using an SSID not listed in there.

Is it possible (i mean using a classic AMD64 CPU) to precompute a table for this unique SSID with a list of 1 million word ?

I don't know if tis would take 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or 1 century !

Thanks
    If your thinking on using this with say eg airolib database, then as long as your 'unique ssid' is in that database, it shouldn't take long, I mean a 10mb word list will take under an hr

For just one ssid it shouldn't take more than an hour or so. I wouldn't do it on an eeePc though. Heh, I might try it just to see how long it actually takes on one...
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

My eeepc only tests like 50 wpa keys per second as opposed to like 600 on my laptop.

Okay, using the Church's word list my eee is currently on key number 73600 at 1:23:30, I forget how many words are in that dictionary though. I'm running BT3 in text mode to save cpu cycles for genpmk. The little fan is running, but it's really not that hot, which is funny, because that's why I swapped out the mobo in The Box. The little mini-itx board would overheat and shut off doing this....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the info.
    The best tool to precompute the tables for my SSID is genpmk ?

Quote Originally Posted by evilangel View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    The best tool to precompute the tables for my SSID is genpmk ?
    I think it's the only tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think it's the only tool.
    airolib-ng? I prefer genpmk as it is faster and smaller in size than airolib-ng databases.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieFire View Post
    airolib-ng? I prefer genpmk as it is faster and smaller in size than airolib-ng databases.
    Hmm, don't know, haven't played around with that one yet. On key 240600 at 4:33:15. It's in the d's. I'm thinking around a day to do one ssid.

Yep, just a little over an hour to get through a letter. 7 hours and in the g's.

Just burned his ISO

I just used CoW's 1mil wordlist and yea, it took a little under a day to compute and another day to 'verify all'. done in VM with one 2.8Ghz core...

Im not sure about the necessity of the verify step. I do it just to make sure that there are no errors, but if I 'clean all' before what are the chances for errors...

One kinda OT question: can airolib and aircrack still not crack any password with capitol chars?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast