Thread: BT2 Final Vs. BT3 Beta

Just burned his ISO

Default BT2 Final Vs. BT3 Beta

I recently got BT2 final to run from my usb flash stick with changes, and it's a good feeling that it all finally works. Plus, I upgraded my aircrack suite to 1.0-beta2, so I'm feeling pretty good provided I've never worked with BT before, much less linux.

I'm wondering though; should I scrap that and do it all over again for BT3 beta? Is there any reason why I would/wouldn't want to switch? Now that I've done it with BT2 I'm sure it wouldn't be hard if I wanted to start over with BT3 beta and put it on a flash stick. I'm just curious if I actually need to at this point or if I am fine with BT2 final. For example, are there any stability issues with BT3 beta right now/should I just wait for BT3 final, etc. etc.

All those questions highly depend on your hardware setup and what other things do you want to configure to your tastes. BT3b does have more features but some new features can be buggy.

Your best bet is to backup your bt2 setup onto some other media and trial bt3b on your lappy.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    All those questions highly depend on your hardware setup and what other things do you want to configure to your tastes. BT3b does have more features but some new features can be buggy.

Your best bet is to backup your bt2 setup onto some other media and trial bt3b on your lappy.
    That's a good suggestion. I will probably do just that actually. If everything works well with BT3 then I might as well use it. Thanks.

Yea I totally agree with Kakashi-san. Give bt3 beta a try. I used bt2 final since its release and now I'm on bt3. Bt3 seemed to work more seamlessly in a few areas but also had a few minor bugs which I was able to rectify with little to no effort. At least giving it a try might help to get on track for bt3 fina'ls release and its innerworkings even if you have to revert because of your hardware etc. Personally I'd say after the minor tweaking bt3 beta really shines as it is so it's definitely not something to be passed up. Besides... what's the worst that can happen... this forum is great and it's here for a reason. The people here really care and are adamant about bt's development. If you have a question that hasn't been answered to your liking than just ask and the bt team seems more than willing to respond given the time.
    ================================================== ===
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire
    ================================================== ===

Very well put. We are most certainly here to help, if you ask the right questions of course

As a side note, if when switching to BT3 you encounter some errors or difficulties you haven't experienced before, it will provide you with a great opportunity to learn more about it's inner-workings and about nix in general. It's a long hard road but it's well worth the travel and there are many of us here to help you on your way....

Have fun and let us know your likes/dislikes (be tasteful) /questions.

Happy hacking!!!!

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill