Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: PTW Aircrack?

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default PTW Aircrack?

    EDIT: I have downloaded the newest aircrack suite. How do you install programs or overwrite the old suite in backtrack? Assuming I am running the BT2 Live CD off of my 2 gig flash stick.

    How do I do a PTW crack, b/c the tutorial said if you had the BackTrack 2 Live CD it wouldn't work, because it came after BT2. Well, I'd like to keep using BT2 and not BT3 beta or whatever, so what exactly do I need to be able to use PTW with BT2?

  2. #2
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lukeman3000 View Post
    so what exactly do I need to be able to use PTW with BT2?
    Uh, just install it.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

  3. #3
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Uh, just install it.
    Ok. I am all for learning stuff on my own, but let's say that I need some documentation detailing how to install programs.

    Do I need to search google for "How to install programs in Linux" or "How to install programs in BackTrack 2" or "How to install programs in slackware" etc. etc. b/c I'm not sure if the process is the same of different for these.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Any of those COULD work.... Also a lot of the time programs you download will have a README or INSTALL file. Read those and they will tell you how to install. A general way to install things is: ./configure , than make, than make install , though it may not work for everything.

  5. #5
    Moderator theprez98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lukeman3000 View Post
    Ok. I am all for learning stuff on my own, but let's say that I need some documentation detailing how to install programs.

    Do I need to search google for "How to install programs in Linux" or "How to install programs in BackTrack 2" or "How to install programs in slackware" etc. etc. b/c I'm not sure if the process is the same of different for these.
    The PTW attack is incorporated into Aircrack-ng, so just download the latest version.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

  6. #6
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    The PTW attack is incorporated into Aircrack-ng, so just download the latest version.
    Well that works, but every time I boot up backtrack 2 from my flash stick again, it's like it was never there... I was looking for pureh@tes guide to making a bootable usb drive or stick for bt2, but for some reason I could not find it last night with the forum search feature. I believe in that guide he detailed how to make it remember changes, so would installing a program qualify as "remembering a change"?

  7. #7
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    yes installing a program would qualify as remembering a change. Any settings you change will also be remembered. I beleive this is the tutorial you were refering to. hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7844&highlight=saving+changes+to+ backtrack+2

  8. #8
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0|Day View Post
    yes installing a program would qualify as remembering a change. Any settings you change will also be remembered. I beleive this is the tutorial you were refering to. hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7844&highlight=saving+changes+to+ backtrack+2
    No wonder I couldn't freaking find it.. I was searching for threads created by pureh@te not balding_parrot.. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lukeman3000 View Post
    Ok. I am all for learning stuff on my own, but let's say that I need some documentation detailing how to install programs.

    Do I need to search google for "How to install programs in Linux" or "How to install programs in BackTrack 2" or "How to install programs in slackware" etc. etc. b/c I'm not sure if the process is the same of different for these.
    The following guide is a good one to use for general info on installing programs in linux. It also contains a section on slackware.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...are-linux.html
    The second one is a little shorter and to the point but a good tutorial as well.
    http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/softinstall.html
    good luck
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

  10. #10
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    The following guide is a good one to use for general info on installing programs in linux. It also contains a section on slackware.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...are-linux.html
    The second one is a little shorter and to the point but a good tutorial as well.
    http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/softinstall.html
    good luck
    Great, thanks all for your assistance; it is much appreciated. I will actually read those guides tomorrow at work provided I have time. I have essentially zero linux / slackware knowledge. All that I have learned thus far I have learned through trying to crack my WEP key with BackTrack 2. Before that, I had never even touched linux, so it is extremely new to me.

    I don't even know how navigate the file structure in the Konsole. For example, in Windows, if I wanted to see the directory I was in, I would type "dir" or "dir /p". This I believe functions similarly in Linux. Also, I can us "cd" to change directories. However, When I type "dir", I do not see the "BT" and "Boot" folders. It's like I'm not reading the root of the memory card and this is what is confusing to me.

    Anyways, I'm sure it will come with time and experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •