Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone can help (word 2000 recovery)

Just burned his ISO

Default Anyone can help (word 2000 recovery)

A Friend of mine saved this .doc file a few years ago, password protected it, and now he had forgotten his password...:| All of the password recovery tools i tryed couldn't do it in less than 21-30 days(( He needs it by 20 April 2008. Please help! Thanks a lot!

Until you find a better solution I'd suggest opening it in Notepad, extracting all the data and re-doing all the formatting.

It won't be much fun but amongst all the binary data contained in the doc you should still be able to see a large percentage of the relevant text.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by hummerxploit View Post
    A Friend of mine saved this .doc file a few years ago, password protected it, and now he had forgotten his password...:| All of the password recovery tools i tryed couldn't do it in less than 21-30 days(( He needs it by 20 April 2008. Please help! Thanks a lot!
    Ok, I'll lend you my laptop and my pc but then it'll only be done by in 7-10 days. Damn... that's still not soon enough.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

ࡱ >    n  p  g h o .....I get text like this when i try to open it with any text editor The password he set, it's an open password, wich(bad spelling) encrypts the file - 40-bit encryption... Thanks for your help anyway!

Just burned his ISO

Actually, i found a program that decrypts the files in one minute, Express Recovery (Inhouse Edition), from lastbit software( lastbit[dot]com ).....It's a little over 8GB, but it's too "cheap" for me...( Pricing/Order
    Express Recovery (Inhouse Edition) costs $1499. You can place an order here.

Every word doc starts with a similar line, see:
    Code:
    ࡱ                >  	               v          x          u   
    I'm pretty sure if you keep scrolling through it you'll see the actual content. I tried it here quick with no problems, though I didn't go digging into settings.

Quote Originally Posted by .lonewolf View Post
    Ok, I'll lend you my laptop and my pc but then it'll only be done by in 7-10 days. Damn... that's still not soon enough.
    This is just begging for a Hackers quote
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Does your friend know if he used a random password or not.

If he thinks he may have used a familiar password, he can write down all the passwords he might have thought of in various combinations of uppercase and lowercase... then he can try eliminating them one by one.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Did your friend try 'god, sex, and love'?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Default Tryed....also, posted a screenshot....i'm only seeing black dots and special chars

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Every word doc starts with a similar line, see:
    Code:
    ࡱ                >  	               v          x          u   
    I'm pretty sure if you keep scrolling through it you'll see the actual content. I tried it here quick with no problems, though I didn't go digging into settings.
    Also, i made a screenshot h**p://www[dot]largeimagehost[dot]com/gallerys/untilted/tQtrU[dot]html

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

He used a random password generator ( He thinks the password is 5-6 chars)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast