Thread: Ndiswrapper compatable airmon alternative

Just burned his ISO

Default Ndiswrapper compatable airmon alternative

In my laptop I have no cardbus, and the chipset is a bcmxx. It works fine using ndiswrapper, but with the usual limitation of no monitor mode... I was wondering if there was another alternative for sniffing or whether I'd just have to pray to the madwifi gods they will support my chipset (the bcmxx restricted drivers wont work either). I also have a USB AR5523 based adapter, but that of course isn't supported by madwifi either (USB).

Any way around this?

Quote Originally Posted by xDrakkx View Post
    In my laptop I have no cardbus, and the chipset is a bcmxx. It works fine using ndiswrapper, but with the usual limitation of no monitor mode... I was wondering if there was another alternative for sniffing or whether I'd just have to pray to the madwifi gods they will support my chipset (the bcmxx restricted drivers wont work either). I also have a USB AR5523 based adapter, but that of course isn't supported by madwifi either (USB).

Any way around this?
    I would suggest getting the best compatible card that you can afford.

One can get a decent compatible usb adapter with external rp/sma connector and removable 4dbi omni antenna for around US $20-30.

Or else you can really splash out and get the Alfa 500mW for as little as +- US $60.

I don't know if it's worth spending time on questionable wireless cards.

Unless that's one's only option
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Don't suggest the Alfa as it can't connect to WPA so if he needs to get into a WPA network then he'll be back to NdisWrapper,

Although I suppose he could enter monitor mode on the Alfa and crack with that and then enter a WPA network via the Broadcom?.

My alfa will connect to OPEN WEP WPA WPA2 etc without any problems at all.

If it doesn't work for you, then I can only suggest you look at your commands again.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ght=supplicant

is my problem like it seems others also have.
    Can I please ask how you connect to WPA?, the network I'm tring in question is WPA CCMP (AES).

I've also tried wpa_supplicant along with wpa_Gui.

On the main thread subject as others have said it may seem that the ALFA is the way to go.
    I have one of these which is great if running on a Virtual Machine as it will need a USB adapter, plus the fact that the ALFA will find networks at great distances.

Developer

My alfa also connect to all the networks BP listed.