Thread: IV packets coming in slow + some minor probs

Just burned his ISO

Default IV packets coming in slow + some minor probs

Ok, so I have a ZyDaS 1211 chipset USB dongle (Sitecom WL-113), I THINK I patched the drivers, cause just yesterday the aireplay-ng -1 command wouldn't work, now it fake-auths me to the AP. Everything works just fine until the point I need to start collecting ARP packets and IV-s. Even with injection, I still get as few as I got yesterday in 15 hours - 1200 IV's.
    Some people get like 3000 IV-s a second vs my 1200 in 15 hours. The connection to the AP is relatively good, 50% at ~230kb/s download speed.

I've done some research by googling, didn't come across with much more than pinging the AP once I am associated (authenticated?) with it.

Another thing that bugs me, is that I can't get sound with my Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24bit PCI sound card. I've read some articles about it, couldn't find the place to choose my PCI sound card as my main one instead of the internal one and I did turn the sliders up in ALSA via the Konsole.

I'm very new to Linux and most of it is still very far and strange for me so easy on the explanations.

Thanks in advance,
    centraL

Just burned his ISO

still very new also, but it seems like no clients are connected to the AP. I know when I test a few points with 0 clients I had the same probelm getting info, but when I connected 4 devices to it I got 40k packets in a matter of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by centraL View Post
    Even with injection, I still get as few as I got yesterday in 15 hours - 1200 IV's.

How are you injecting?

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

How about you list off some of the commands you used and when I say some I mean all of them in order.

Your sound card gets configured using alsaconf in a konsole.

When your attacking an access point with no clients there are certain commands that you must use. Try following along with one of the video's in the tutorials and guides section I know there are plenty of them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by centraL View Post
    Ok, so I have a ZyDaS 1211 chipset USB dongle (Sitecom WL-113)
    Might wanna check the wiki for compatibility with your chipset:
    http://backtrack.offensive-security....p/HCL:Wireless

I've done some research by googling, didn't come across with much more than pinging the AP once I am associated (authenticated?) with it.
    Try this:
    http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
    and this
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063

I'm very new to Linux and most of it is still very far and strange for me so easy on the explanations.
    Thanks in advance,
    centraL
    Might wanna do alot of reading both here on the forums and on google.com This is a pentesting distro and as such it is not designed to be easy for someone with zero knowledge of linux and the tools etc.
    Try www.slackbook.org for generic info on slackware itself which is what this distro is based off of .
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.