Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backtrack3 connectin problem

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack3 connectin problem

hi people, i am razak, And i have downloaded backtrack3, and i have watch some vid about it. First i did "ifconfig eth0 up", and it said KDE connection established. But But when i go to FireFox, guess what, it says SERVER CONNECTION SOMETHING. I mean is obvious that the connection is there. But why can't i go to ff. I am seriously suffering why . I have try allot of other things, but still doesn't work. I have added default Gate Way and all those stuff, but still.... doesn't work. can any one help me. pm me or add me on msn
    shadowswat@gmail
    --thanks--

Quote Originally Posted by Razak View Post
    hi people, i am razak, And i have downloaded backtrack3, and i have watch some vid about it. First i did "ifconfig eth0 up", and it said KDE connection established. But But when i go to FireFox, guess what, it says SERVER CONNECTION SOMETHING. I mean is obvious that the connection is there. But why can't i go to ff. I am seriously suffering why . I have try allot of other things, but still doesn't work. I have added default Gate Way and all those stuff, but still.... doesn't work. can any one help me. pm me or add me on msn
    shadowswat@gmail
    --thanks--
    You turned on the interface. Did you actually get an IP address with dhcp?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

what do u mean. The video i watched said this is how i mean i know nothin. i am new to any linux distro. pls pm me or help me(add me on msn)

what do u mean. The video i watched said this is how i mean i know nothin. i am new to any linux distro. pls pm me or help me(add me on msn)
    Backtrack is an advanced distro for experienced Linux users, and is specifically designed for security work.

Forget Backtrack for now, and learn Linux on an distro that is easier for a beginner. Ubuntu is usually a very good choice to learn the basics, including such things as IP addressing and DHCP.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

What Thorn says is advisable unless you think you can handle it.

What exactly do you want to do?
    Do you want to connect to the internet?
    What kind of internet connection do you have?
    Do you have any other linux experience?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Default ok

look, i want to connect to the internet, and i have done every thing i could think of, Any ways, i don't have any wireless so i can't use ubuntu because ubuntu needs wireless, this is what my friend says, And i have found one possible ways to try to fix the connection problem. When i start up there is a grey screen saying, Press tab to edit some thing, and one of the tab has like NO DHCP. i am guessing if that is the problem. Well if is not i have no idea. But one thing, i want to learn to use Backtrack3 and i will not give up. If it takes me 5 months to connect to the network, i will. But i need some one to guide me on my network connection and all those stuff. I can't really explain it well here. So if u want more further explanation about what i have saw in the grey screen. add me in msn
    shadowswat@gmail.com And pls help me.thanks

look, i want to connect to the internet, and i have done every thing i could think of, Any ways, i don't have any wireless so i can't use ubuntu because ubuntu needs wireless, this is what my friend says, And i have found one possible ways to try to fix the connection problem. When i start up there is a grey screen saying, Press tab to edit some thing, and one of the tab has like NO DHCP. i am guessing if that is the problem. Well if is not i have no idea. But one thing, i want to learn to use Backtrack3 and i will not give up. If it takes me 5 months to connect to the network, i will. But i need some one to guide me on my network connection and all those stuff. I can't really explain it well here. So if u want more further explanation about what i have saw in the grey screen. add me in msn
    Very well, I admire your determination. Good for you. Don't give up
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Ubuntu doesn't need wireless.

Learning BT3 is fine, but you're in the deep end of the pool, trying to scuba dive, when you obviously don't know how to swim. That's why another distro such as Ubuntu would be preferable to start you off. Barring that, you might want to learn some Linux basics at a site such as this: http://www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/toc.html

As far as MSN goes, thanks, but no thanks.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

As far as MSN goes, thanks, but no thanks.
    MSN is out for me to. If you have any questions just post them here and hopefully someone will answer them.

Good luck
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

First, some useful reading:

If you're a Linux noob, read this thread

Second, we frown on users asking people to email or PM to communicate information that might be useful to other people. For example, if someone chatted with you on MSN and helped you solve your problem, that would be perfectly useful to you. However, someone else who read this thread later on wouldn't find an answer. The forum is here for the community, not individuals. Ultimately, that sort of request is a selfish one.

Just a friendly suggestion to make your stay a more pleasant one.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast