Thread: Hello. Noob here, no questions though, just saying Hi.

Just burned his ISO

Default Hello. Noob here, no questions though, just saying Hi.

Hey guys. I'm a nub. I live in a suburb of dallas, I go to school, I'm working on my CCNA right now, I am about to take some MCP test and i guess my a+ and n+. So, basically I'm a noob. But I just wanted to say hi, I am going to attempt to not ask you all any questions because so far I've done pretty well with the search function. I came across this site looking for packet injection on a 3945, found all the info I needed, booted to the livecd of BT3 only to find out my WNIC is a broadcom 4311. That makes me sad. ANYWAYS I have a hawking usb device with an external antenna I'm going to try to get working tomorrow.

Welcome

If it's the Hawking HWUG1, it has the rt73 chip. You shouldn't have any problems.

Happy Pentesting
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Dallas huh?
    Are you taking classes currently for CCNA? Where at?

Just burned his ISO

well got my first one cracked and didnt have to ask any questions. thanks for the support though. im not confident about saying where im taking classes at yet, i mean i am just a nub. theyre going oretty good though and i should be employed in it in a couple of months i would say. i am focusing most of my time on pentesting though as i find this the most intriguing. well im tired of typing on this n800 so im gonna pentest some more and holler at yall tomorrow. later

oh this is gay, i can't get packet injection to work properly. i've read all the tuts, i've read all the aircrack-ng tuts, i've tried the -3 method, i've tried the creating an ARP data packet method using packetforge. None of it seems to work for me, the packets LOOK like they're injecting right and everything, but the data# column and the #'s column next to it do not increase very fast.

Am I suppose to clone the mac address of the client already using the AP?

got it all working properly. the -1 (fakeauth) is the best and is the easiest and you don't need connected clients, however, you have to be close to the WAP. SO what I did was go buy a 18 dollar airlink +10dbi directional antenna, AND WOW DOES THIS WORK A LOT BETTER. I have the hawking usb device that has the removeable antenna and put this directional antenna in there, so much better now, I can only imagine how good the GOOD antenna's work. Anyways, my testing for fakeauth and deauth have concluded and both work fine, now it's time for me to understand chopchop and fragmentation.

So, for people just starting, I say this device + the airlink directional antenna, are a pretty good combo for 60 bucks, and can be removed and put away as needed. And for anyone trying to use windows to crack WEPs, just stop. I tried it that way originally, and it doesn't work unless you've got an airpcap tx, and even then i'm not sure if it works, and you just wasted 240 dollars that was unnecessary(sp?). I can write out a tutorial for this device for the nubs if someone wants me to. It's almost too easy.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Why didn't you just get closer to your AP instead of spending money on a directional antenna?

Cracking WEP has hardly anything to do with penetration testing. Almost everyone knows that a good network setup you keep the wireless seperate from the wired network, and you don't use WEP.

Quote Originally Posted by geedub View Post
    Hey guys. I'm a nub. I live in a suburb of dallas, I go to school, I'm working on my CCNA right now, I am about to take some MCP test and i guess my a+ and n+. So, basically I'm a noob. But I just wanted to say hi, I am going to attempt to not ask you all any questions because so far I've done pretty well with the search function. I came across this site looking for packet injection on a 3945, found all the info I needed, booted to the livecd of BT3 only to find out my WNIC is a broadcom 4311. That makes me sad. ANYWAYS I have a hawking usb device with an external antenna I'm going to try to get working tomorrow.
    Check your PM. I live in Mesquite. Never met anyone on the forums that lived in my hometown.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

hhmatt I do think somewhere in my post I stated that I was a noob. I don't need your hostility.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geedub View Post
    hhmatt I do think somewhere in my post I stated that I was a noob. I don't need your hostility.
    Just seems odd to me. Your post had to be edited by bp, and you never answered my question. Now more questions...

What does being a noob have anything to do with this?

What exactly did I say that was hostile?

What do you believe the problem is if your first solution would be to get an antenna?