Thread: boot screen layouts from kde look

Default boot screen layouts from kde look

Hiya allllll. I'm trying to get a bootsplash for work that i've downloaded off www.KDE-look.org. I don't know how to actually install this theme as i've tried googling till my hearts content and i still cannot install it and i really want some advice on how to do it in a safe manner and in a way tht it ent gonna damage my MBR. I get kinda worried when i comes to things like tht as ya don't know whats gonna happen.I tried getting this app called SPLASHY can i need half a dozen of other stuff to get it working...'ANNOYING.lol. Thanks people

They have install directions if the thing is packaged. Make sure you read the page you DLed it from. They often tell you anything you need to know. It also seems that you need specific KDE versions for certain themes.

If you tell me specifically what you DLed I can try and help.

Tht's the boot splash i want to install on my system. All it contains is the pictures and config files.

Many thanks :-D

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...?content=55323

Ah, I get this. Ok well it's simple. If you already have splash.initrd in /boot back it up. The only way I know to install this would overwrite your current one if you have it.

NOTE: I assume you have BT installed on your HDD.

Download and extract the file to /root. You can do this by right click > open with Ark, and extract all files.

Code:
    # splash -s -f /root/slackware/config/bootsplash-1024x768.cfg >> /boot/splash.initrd
    # nano /etc/lilo.conf
    Edit lilo so that somewhere (right below vga=XXX is where I put mine) it says:

Code:
    initrd = /boot/splash.initrd
    Then:

Code:
    # lilo -v
    Reboot. Should work.

dude thanks alot man it works great :-D. Thank you soo much. God tht boring boot screen was doing my head it so much :-D.

Quote Originally Posted by phil128 View Post
    dude thanks alot man it works great :-D. Thank you soo much. God tht boring boot screen was doing my head it so much :-D.
    It's good that you're happy. It hasn't bothered me yet. Is it the color?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

hehe yeah the color was doing my head in it look so crap for an operating system thts the best the in world! Didn't suite it i think.lol

I like how it loads in a text format. It feels hacker-ish. XD. But at the same time I love the bootsplash from BT3. That shit was hawt.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/DarkRagnarok/Sig.jpg[/img]

the boot splash from BT3 is sooooo cool i realy like it. I've managed to sort it all out and ya don't need to recompile the kernel like some people have said you need to do. Copy the initrd over from the CD and merge the config file with it and edit lilo.conf and thts it BT3 looks amazing with a piece of eye candy like tht :-D w00p w00p.

Quote Originally Posted by phil128 View Post
    the boot splash from BT3 is sooooo cool i realy like it. I've managed to sort it all out and ya don't need to recompile the kernel like some people have said you need to do. Copy the initrd over from the CD and merge the config file with it and edit lilo.conf and thts it BT3 looks amazing with a piece of eye candy like tht :-D w00p w00p.
    I like the BT3 boot screen but thanks for sharing.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]