Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: decent sec podcasts

Just burned his ISO

Default decent sec podcasts

hey - anyone recomment any semi-decent sec podcasts? sorta like pauldotcom.com but without the crap. listened to a few with the guys from gnucitizen - but they seem to be a cut above their normal show....

i need something on my flights when my battery runs out

Quote Originally Posted by wint3r View Post
    hey - anyone recomment any semi-decent sec podcasts? sorta like pauldotcom.com but without the crap. listened to a few with the guys from gnucitizen - but they seem to be a cut above their normal show....

What exactly do you mean by "crap"? I think your definition will go a long way toward others understanding exactly what you're asking for.

Also, consider actually typing "security" vice "sec" as some people may not know what you mean. Since you're posting in a forum, you have the benefit of time.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

I think your battery has already run out. You're in the wrong place. Try Google.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

perhaps 'crap' is too strong, or misleading. it just seems to me like there is more chat around topics on the pauldotcom than on the topics themselves. i have only listened to 6 or 8 so this may not be a good representative slice...

Just burned his ISO

i shouldnt ask for people's opinions on what they think are good? of course i look myself, but i cannot get the forums opinion without asking...

perhaps 'crap' is too strong, or misleading. it just seems to me like there is more chat around topics on the pauldotcom than on the topics themselves. i have only listened to 6 or 8 so this may not be a good representative slice...
    Why specifically podcasts. Is a good book out of the question?
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Why specifically podcasts. Is a good book out of the question?
    absolutley not! but sometimes podcasts are easier and lazier - especially when you are tired. there are ALWAYS good things to read....

hak.5 or whatever it's called isn't too bad from what I've seen...two episodes. Each one had something about BT in them. One even had an interview with Muts!!

For a good podcast, not security related, I like Diggnation. Kevin Rose is a great host I think...I miss The Screen Savers, and the few times Kevin Mitnick hosted.
    A+, Network+, Security+, and CCNA Certified

I haven't tried to look for podcasts as such, but Google tells me McKeay.net is a popular choice.
    It would be nice to listen to a few podcasts, laying back [as if listening to relaxation tapes/yoga]. I guess your one of those people who get sore eyes whilst reading on planes/cars/boats.

Other than that, there are a few interesting podcasts out there that discuss network security a bit but also include some other things [that Im interested in]. For example, Hak5 or BsOD have a few videos but some if it is professional information/good information and some is just friendly conversation or a commercial which is annoying sometimes but they 'have' to be that way to make the program marketable. If I get some free time, I try and ask around for some podcast links that contain nothing more than information. Hell, maybe even get a narrated version of an existing computer/network security book; Im sure they are available for people with bad vision.

I read/watch and listen to a lot of computer security related media and books, but ever since I lost 800GB of my life its hard to collect all my files again otherwise I would have sent you a few.

Podcasts are nice, because I can't read in a car, planes, sometimes. I get nasty motion sick. I blame it on the military. Never got motion sick before flying on military heavy aircraft. I think it's the lack of windows. What's really funny is I can ride roller coasters all day. While not security related, dl.tv is a pretty cool podcast, also System. Both are more technology related, though the last couple from System has been about building "Pneumatic tennis ball motivators".
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast