Thread: Some Small Queries

Default Some Small Queries

Hello,
    I am back with some more silly questions in my mind.Well,after getting backtrack working i tried WEP operation.Actually after searching for long i didnt found a perfect tutorial to do this.So i followed this steps of some other forums.

Code:
    For example, I use the following three lines, pressing enter after entering each one.

ifconfig ra0 down
    iwconfig ra0 mode monitor
    ifconfig rao up

2. To start airodump-ng and capture IVs
    You must first know the bssid and the essid of the AP that you want to attack.
    The bssid is the MAC address of the AP, the channel, and the essid is the Network Name.
    You can start airodump to find out this information by entering the following command:

airodump-ng ra0

This will make airdump scan each wireless channel continuously. When you find the network that you want to attack, write down its AP MAC, channel and the Network name.

Then stop airodump by pressing ctrl + c.

Then start airodump again with the command:

airodump-ng –channel (the channel the network is on) –write (name of file you want to write to) –ivs (name of device) then press enter.

I use the following:

airodump-ng –channel 9 –write output –ivs ra0

This command tells airodump that you want to monitor channel 9, write all captured IVs to a file called output (which will be located in the same directory you are in).

Once you have started airodump you can then inject packets or do whatever you want to create traffic and capture enough IVs that you can then crack the WEP.
    Everything is going good except after this command
    Code:
    airodump-ng –channel 9 –write output –ivs ra0
    I've watched some tutorial video where they had wait for 13 to 20 minutes for some I.Vs.So i just want to know,for what i should wait for after this command so i can get that WEP key.One more thing which i didnt get here,is do i need to be on DHCP or i could do my work on Manual I.P because last night while working i switched to DHCP and i got the error FAILED and the last thing is ,what will be the CAPTURED IVs and how to inject.

There are plenty of fully working tutorials and video tutorials covering WEP in this very forum (very extensively I might add). There is no such thing as a perfect tutorial if it is not followed correctly.

If you wish to get proper answers and attract attention from people willing to help, then follow the forum rules regarding descriptive thread titles.

i am sorry balding_parrot.I shouldnt be posting like that.Sorry,it was my mistake.I posted this thread because i searched and i am not getting the last two steps.Forgive me

Just burned his ISO

Look up Xploitz wep tutorial, its in his sig and that tutorial is crap.

Go to:
    forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063