Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *New Registration Process*

Exclamation *New Registration Process*

Hi all, after reading THIS I laughed & frowned because I never got to reply lol but it got me thinking that around probably 75% of the questions here are "help me hack my neighbours wireless" etc... why dont we create a 'virtual wep challenge' if you like or what ever other name something like on the hack challenge sites like hackquest & hackergames.net etc.... I know it'll probably be unfair to the original members but we can try it too

But it may stop 1/2 the really stupid n00bs coming & asking questions like above, that way they've completed a 'wep challenge' & will possibly know a thing or two?

Its just a suggestion I have no programming skills so I cant create anything, but an idea like a virtual session or something where they have a shell & when they set their card into monitor mode & use airodump, it will give them AP with 64bit wep so they need to figure out how to get the key?

Im sure this might be possible, I'd love to be able to create it but can I leave this open to suggestion?

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post
    Hi all, after reading THIS I laughed & frowned because I never got to reply lol but it got me thinking that around probably 75% of the questions here are "help me hack my neighbours wireless" etc... why dont we create a 'virtual wep challenge' if you like or what ever other name something like on the hack challenge sites like hackquest & hackergames.net etc.... I know it'll probably be unfair to the original members but we can try it too

But it may stop 1/2 the really stupid n00bs coming & asking questions like above, that way they've completed a 'wep challenge' & will possibly know a thing or two?

Its just a suggestion I have no programming skills so I cant create anything, but an idea like a virtual session or something where they have a shell & when they set their card into monitor mode & use airodump, it will give them AP with 64bit wep so they need to figure out how to get the key?

Im sure this might be possible, I'd love to be able to create it but can I leave this open to suggestion?

Thanks guys
    Great idea samsung

I hope something like this is considered, maybe evening something like a "web challenge" as well, would be cool.

Regarding that link, surely that's a joke. I bet it's someone who got banned and is now just playing the fool. Forum vandalism.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by samsung View Post

Thanks guys
    I've already made a similar suggestion, but the forum must remain open to all

Just burned his ISO Anabolic_OMEN's Avatar

why dont we have an extra field in the registration that asks "do you want to hack your neighbours wifi ?" if they answer yes they get ip ban. yes ?
    i'm a cake

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic_OMEN View Post
    why dont we have an extra field in the registration that asks "do you want to hack your neighbours wifi ?" if they answer yes they get ip ban. yes ?
    Because that's just too obvious & they create a 'new user' & say no they dont want to hack their neighbours wifi....

I still stand by what I say as per 1st post

Developer

This whole thread is rather absurd. No offense to samsung at all because I can see how one might think its a good idea however lets suppose for a second there was a test to become a member. Now I know we are all uberleet wifi haxors now but who was when they got here. I wasnt. Yes I had some skills but wifi wasnt one of them which is one of the reasons I found backtrack. This is why I can sympathize with a lot of newbies who come here because they have heard the backtrack is a bad a** wifi smack down machine because I did. Granted most of them leave when they are bored with wifi cracking but once in a while one stays and vows to learn some more and from this we gain a valuable new member with something unique to offer. So how many of you could have passed the wifu test when you first signed up. Not many I assume.In the true spirit of open source the distro is free, the forum is free and the information is free. Every one is welcome to stay as long as you abide by the few simple rules we have laid out on EVERY section in plain sight.

<pureh@te steps down off soapbox>

It is a great idea, however, I want to drive it more. Why we dont have a periodically challenge of a certian type, or to have member of the month, or something like this, and to give the winner of the challenge, or the member of the month a prize, such as free course with offensive-security, or free lab registration, or any prize the moderators decides to gave. I think we may add more value, and make our forum more dynamic. Just an idea
    Once again this is a great idea in theory however when reality sets in its not possible due to things like donations. Do you know that I believe 150 dollars was collected for bt2. That is absolutely pathetic IMHO.
    Furthermore just to clarify offensive-security is a separate entity and for the knowledge gained I believe the course prices are absurdly fair.

Dears,

It is a great idea, however, I want to drive it more. Why we dont have a periodically challenge of a certian type, or to have member of the month, or something like this, and to give the winner of the challenge, or the member of the month a prize, such as free course with offensive-security, or free lab registration, or any prize the moderators decides to gave. I think we may add more value, and make our forum more dynamic. Just an idea

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l1nuxant_ee View Post
    Dears,

Maybe in some alternate universe this may work, however who is going to fund the prizes, or courses?
    The courses offered by Offensive-Security are not that expensive compared to others out there. Having said that the devs probably use alot of that money in addition to the limited funds recieved through donations here:
    http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.html (see big yellow button labeled "Make a Donation" )
    to host the forums the offensive-security site the bt wiki and the remote-exploit site.
    This probably doesn't leave much for too many other things.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

Well said archangel.amael I said as much in my post right before his.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

I'm almost saddened by the amount of people coming here to use BT only for wep/wpa cracking. This is a cool distro with tons of tools and neat stuff to look at. It just seems like a waste of the rest of the distro to use it for only 1 reason. IMHO

While creating some sort of challenge for prizes is a somewhat good idea your prizes are a little overboard. You want a $550 course for winning a challenge? Also try to keep in mind that sometimes these types of challenges can create arguments between people.

Also, What are we to do if muts comes by and takes the challenge? I doubt anyone is going to win that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast