Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Search Engine???

Default New Search Engine???

Can someone PLS throw me in the direction of a better search engine? The only thing google has left to offer to me is: www.google.com/linux
    and because of the implementation of the GHH, it really makes it quite hard to find anything of any value now a days. For those of you who know what i'm talking about and do not what to post it here (i understand) because SOMEONE !!!ALWAYS!!! has to mess up a good thing!.... then please feel free to pm me about it.

Thnx all,

-KS

Quote Originally Posted by .K.S. View Post
    Can someone PLS throw me in the direction of a better search engine? The only thing google has left to offer to me is: www.google.com/linux
    and because of the implementation of the GHH, it really makes it quite hard to find anything of any value now a days. For those of you who know what i'm talking about and do not what to post it here (i understand) because SOMEONE !!!ALWAYS!!! has to mess up a good thing!.... then please feel free to pm me about it.

Thnx all,

-KS
    So what exactly is it you are trying to find?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

freedom of search, with no monitoring, (i know, it's a thing of yesteryear, and i so miss those days). But really, as great as google is, it's just become too censored, and too advanced for it's own good, i know there are plenty of other engines out there, i've just been out of the circuit for too long. As far as the stuff i'm trying to find makes no real difference, does it? The things i seek are still ..........well wait, (no offense) but, they're the things I seek. Hence getting off of the google nipple. :^)

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

freedom of search, with no monitoring, (i know, it's a thing of yesteryear, and i so miss those days). But really, as great as google is, it's just become too censored, and too advanced for it's own good, i know there are plenty of other engines out there, i've just been out of the circuit for too long. As far as the stuff i'm trying to find makes no real difference, does it? The things i seek are still ..........well wait, (no offense) but, they're the things I seek. Hence getting off of the google nipple. :^)
    What?

If you are concerned with google or some other search engine logging what you search for then why not use tor or some other proxy?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

So that you know, as of a few months ago, Askjeeves no longer logs searches.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    What?

If you are concerned with google or some other search engine logging what you search for then why not use tor or some other proxy?
    Agreed!

Besides google I've always found wikipedia to be a great source for learning. Try it out sometime!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    Agreed!

Besides google I've always found wikipedia to be a great source for learning. Try it out sometime!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine
    You're kidding right? I guess it's ok, if you want to learn what the inner circles (people I like to call Wikidiots) opinion is of something, but if you're interested in facts, you might want to look for a secondary source.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You're kidding right? I guess it's ok, if you want to learn what the inner circles (people I like to call Wikidiots) opinion is of something, but if you're interested in facts, you might want to look for a secondary source.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Wikipedia

better have a look here if you are confused about the above statement.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

www scroogle org

Hope it helps u

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

I got a good laugh arch thanks! Referencing wikipedia's downfalls from wikipedia lmao.

I understand that wikipedia can be extremely biased or maybe even tampered with to misguide somebody, and I generally use it as a reference and make sure to check out sources stated at the bottom if they exist. And even on top of that try to understand how credible those sources can be.

I don't think it should be completely discredited as there is a lot of accurate information to be found on wiki. I mean after all a lot of what is found on google is similar in a way. (My point here is that everything that you find on google is made from people. The same kind of people that may be writing wikipedia pages.) I'm not trying to discredit google here whatsoever because one of the main differences is that with google you can go back and find what another person said and then another until your answer can be found.

I find wiki's to be a great idea but not perfect.(well nothing is perfect, but wiki definately could use some improvements) This should be understood by somebody who uses wiki's in general for information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast