what i nid to crack some WEP keys ?
    i have a laptop with a DWA-652 adapter

im very new at this

Quote Originally Posted by sammael View Post

im very new at this
    You need some AP's.

Do you have them or are they just around?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

I think your post will end up moved somwhere else in the forum by the moderators.

Anyway, please don't ask help from someone for something unless you already couldn't find the answer somewhere else "Hmm, that sounds like a tip for your life not only cracking WEP keys"

sorry man, but u definitely need to start with the wiki and then see if ur card or computer are supported. then surf the newbie forums using the search function.

im very new at this
    my advise would be that you at least know the WEP KEY, AP & MAC TO BEGIN WITH ,(since how this will be yours of course) & You are testing how easy it is to crack
    Then read up on some of the many tutorials that are avail here, also as user17 says you might want to check your system can do what you are trying to do

im very new at this
    Depends on the WEP keys you want to crack....
    and if you're new at this, I suggest that you go do some readin' and googlin' and then come back, and im sure one of the mods will tell you this, but you need to have a read at the forum rules before you post
    "Family, Religion, Friends, those are the three demons you must face if you want to be successful in business"
    Montgomery Burns

The very first thing you need is WRITTEN PERMISSION, stop doing things which are ILLEGAL!

Oh and WTF is a "nid" and WTF does it have to do with Pentesting wireless networks?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

im very new at this
    Oh Stewardess, I speak Jive.

Whut ya' need be a wireless card dat be compatible wid de honky code ya' is usin'. You's also need some laptop t'use da damn wireless card o' desktop if youse usin' some PCI, microchannel o' ISA card. You's also need some router, which kin be purchased at plum about every majo' retaila' includin' Wal-Mart. Man! You's'll also need t'read da damn manual o' documentashun dat be available fo' de honky code ya' wanna us.

Developer

OMG LMAO ROTF and spilled my coffee

Quote Originally Posted by beakmyn View Post
    Oh Stewardess, I speak Jive.

Whut ya' need be a wireless card dat be compatible wid de honky code ya' is usin'. You's also need some laptop t'use da damn wireless card o' desktop if youse usin' some PCI, microchannel o' ISA card. You's also need some router, which kin be purchased at plum about every majo' retaila' includin' Wal-Mart. Man! You's'll also need t'read da damn manual o' documentashun dat be available fo' de honky code ya' wanna us.
    No freshmeat over at NS lately I see.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast