Thread: wireless assistant keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Just burned his ISO

Default wireless assistant keeps disconnecting/reconnecting

Some info:
    Laptop: Dell D400
    Wireless Card: Netgear WG511T
    Backtrack version: BT3beta, booted off of USB

Alright, I recently got this wireless PCMCIA card, and I got it working it BT. Yay.

However, I'm getting a really annoying side effect: the wireless assistant keeps saying my connection is lost, and then says it reconnected. So I'm hearing that annoying sound effect every 3 seconds.

The kicker is that, even when it says I lost the connection, I can still use the net. So in reality I'm maintaining a consistent connection.

Is this a bug in wireless assistant? If so, what would you recommend I use in the meantime?

Thanks!

-Rippy

Developer

This has been answered many times already. Do not double post. Maybe you should have read the rules before you agreed to them.

Just burned his ISO

I double-posted? Hmm.. I submitted this thread, and then checked the forum listing and didn't see my thread there at all. Then I tried searching for threads made by me and came up with no results. I don't know what happened, but I think that justifies trying to post the thread again.

So anyway, sorry about that. You said it's been answered many times? Well, it seemed to me like something fairly straightforward, but I couldn't think of any keywords to search with. What little I could think of gave no results. Which is why I posted a thread, hoping someone had seen the problem and could point me in the right direction.

So does anyone know of a thread, or even just the right keywords, that could help me find what I need to know? And this time, without condemning me for being new and making a mistake? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rippy View Post
    I double-posted? Hmm.. I submitted this thread, and then checked the forum listing and didn't see my thread there at all. Then I tried searching for threads made by me and came up with no results. I don't know what happened, but I think that justifies trying to post the thread again.

So anyway, sorry about that. You said it's been answered many times? Well, it seemed to me like something fairly straightforward, but I couldn't think of any keywords to search with. What little I could think of gave no results. Which is why I posted a thread, hoping someone had seen the problem and could point me in the right direction.

So does anyone know of a thread, or even just the right keywords, that could help me find what I need to know? And this time, without condemning me for being new and making a mistake? :P
    Yes you did. I can see the second post that was deleted by a moderator that is exactly the same as the first post. If you had of read the rules that you agreed to when you signed up, or before making this post as directed to by a moderator you would have read this.

Search for related previous postings, before creating a new thread.

New registrants posts will be moderated first, causing a slight delay in the post appearing - DO NOT report problems with your post not appearing instantly during your first 3 days membership.

Also when you made all of thos posts you would have had a message reminding you of the second of those two, so there is no excuse for it.

You cannot have searched very hard, as by using the terms from the thread title I was able to find many posts covering the problem.

With that said, nobody here is going to hold your hand and spoonfeed you the answers, we have already given you enough information to find it for yourself.