Thread: Alfa AWUS036H Acting Strange Power Issues

Just burned his ISO

Default Alfa AWUS036H Acting Strange Power Issues

I just got my Alfa today and wanted to try it out, everything goes okay, but I notice that it does not see any network unless i have my hand on the antenna.

Once I have my hand on the antenna, the strength is fantastic, as soon as I take my hand off of the antenna everything drops to zero. I tried it on two computers, it also does this in windows.

Is the card defective and should be returned for a new one?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by elus1v View Post
    I just got my Alfa today and wanted to try it out, everything goes okay, but I notice that it does not see any network unless i have my hand on the antenna.

Once I have my hand on the antenna, the strength is fantastic, as soon as I take my hand off of the antenna everything drops to zero. I tried it on two computers, it also does this in windows.

Is the card defective and should be returned for a new one?
    That definitely is not normal. I'd return it as defective.

Basically your hand is capacitively coupling to the card and becoming the antenna. Chances are something isn't connected right inside the card.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Well you could always keep your hand on the card and stick a 9v battery in your mouth to see if you become a power antenna
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Well you could always keep your hand on the card and stick a 9v battery in your mouth to see if you become a power antenna
    I believe I found a picture of the OP.

A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I believe I found a picture of the OP.

LMAO!!!! Yeah I suppose the light bulb would be a proportionate replacement for the signal LEDs on a wificard
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Just burned his ISO

Hehe, thats what I did. Kept my hand on it while i layed waste to my router's wep encryption. 500pps packet injection is unbelievable, I had that bad boy cracked wide open pretty fast. Couldnt even come close with the BCM4318 thats internal in my lappie.

I figured something is wrong for sure. Its an awesome card, just need one that works right.

Btw no one seems to be replying to my other question, if someone has the time to look at this let me know what I need to do: hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=11957

Thanks