Thread: O2Micro OZ6912 CardBus Controller

Just burned his ISO

Default O2Micro OZ6912 CardBus Controller

Just intalled BT3 on my compaq presario 2100, and my pcmcia wifi card wasnt working. Upon further inspection, I discovered the "O2Micro OZ6912 CardBus Controller" was not being detected. I was running BT2 on the same system & my pcmcia ports worked fine. Is it possible to somehow boot my BT2 livecd & copy the pcmcia drivers BT2 is using then boot back into BT3 & make it work? If so, how would I do this? (I'm a complete linux noob, aside from the absolute basics)

Thanks
    -Shawn

Just burned his ISO

**update**
    I'm not entirely sure if its a pcmcia problem, or if its because the linksys wpc54g-v2 wifi card I'm using is not supported in BT3. So, I figured just to be sure what hardware exactly inst working, I went to the acx100 sourceforge site (sorry cannot post links yet) and followed the installation "howto" for the acx100 driver. Since there doesn't seem to be any way to do anything inside the kernel (& I probably shouldn't be doing anything inside the kernel anyways), I did the "outside the kernel" method. Downloaded the acx-20071003.tar.bz2 and extracted it in the /usr/src directory, then I get to the part where I run the following command inside the /usr/src/acx-20071003/ directory like this..
    Code:
     make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=`pwd`
    and I get the following results
    Code:
    make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.21.5/build: No such file or directory.   Stop.
    being the type of linux noob who knows just enuff about linux to screw it up, I'm fearful to do anything else, I'd hate to have to re-install bt3 again. Thankfully, installing bt3 is a quick, easy & painless process.

I know this isn't a help forum, but since its a "non-working" hardware forum I'd hate to see the devs getting inaccurate information because I don't know what I'm doing. Any help that anyone could give me would be super great, I'm sure the driver is compatible with the kernel, and the "inside the kernel" installation method seems impossible with BT3 (from what I can see), so its quite likely I'm missing a step or doing something wrong.

Thanks
    - Shawn