Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Module creation and installation - A video tutorial

Default Module creation and installation - A video tutorial

Well it's been a while since I wrote a tutorial, and I said that I would do one along these lines quite a while ago. This seems to be a subject that a huge amount of people have a problem with, going by the amount of questions concerning it on the forums and irc. This is not a L337 H4X0R tutorial, but is an important thing to know how to do none the less.

This has been explained many times to various degrees, yet there are many people still confused by it, so I have decided to do a video tutorial in the hopes that seeing how it works will make things clear enough for everyone to understand.

The subject I am talking about here is creating and installing a basic module.

This is not by any means intended to be an extensive guide to creating or installing modules, but rather a guide to the most simple module creation and it's installation. The intention is clear up some of the confusion out there, and to give you the basics so as you can then apply that to more complicated forms.

I am providing both an online link and a downloadable link, as I know that many of you like myself like to have a copy of video tutorials on your HDD so as you can view them anytime or anywhere you wish. I would also encourage you to download the video rather than view the online one, as the monthly bandwith available for online viewing is limited and that the quality is much better when viewed with something like VLC.

In the video I will be downloading Aircrack-ng 1.0 beta 2 r900, creating a module from it including Airolib and Sqlite support, installing the module in a running system a full install and adding it to a USB stick. This was performed in BT3b, but the process is exactly the same in BT2 except that you need to have Sqlite 3.4.0 or above installed first to have the Airolib support, a module for that can be downloaded here.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/41948177/sqlite-3.4.0.lzm
    This module is not required for BT3b as it already has 3.4.2 installed as standard.

Video download. (preferred)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/89287972...stallition.flv

Online Video.
    http://blip.tv/file/648034

I hope you enjoy the video, and it helps you to understand the basics of the topics covered.

BP

Default 2 Thumbs up!!

Hey b_p! Moving up in the world with Camtasia I see! Excellent quality video brother! Very easy to follow, and very well explained. Maybe you should re-title it to -=b_p's=- E-Z Module creation!

I give it 2 thumbs up....WAY UP!
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Well it was an expensive move up, but well worth the $$'s, it's just so damn easy to use and get good results.
    I went the video route as explanations in text don't seem to be making people understand the process, I figured if they could actually see it then it would become clearer. The strange thing is that as soon as you hit that record button, the keys on the keyboard are not in the same places anymore and you start typing like your using just one finger and have never used a keyboard before, but then I know you know how that feels.

I wanted to keep it very simple and easy to follow, with any luck I achieved that without making it a pointless video that nobody would be interested in. There is nothing in there that is rocket science and it could have been far more complicated, but it does seem to be these steps that people are struggling with. Maybe if there is is enough interest in this video I will make others to show some other sources for creating a module or more complicated multi step types.

I don't think I need to add wings, I may be balding, but I do still have my own set of wings.

Glad you like it, and with any luck you won't be the only one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Great video balding_parrot,

I am not going to lie, at first I thought "ohh man so much text to read I won't be able to keep up" but at the end you even apologized for the speed and length of the video, as stated it did give me at least a chance to read everything and keep up.

now if we can just have some more ?!
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Very nice, we need more. We need a video sticky page.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Developer

Excellent video BP. If someone can't follow that then there is now hope for them

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it.

I was very unsure whether to do it, as this is not exactly the type of tutorial people are interested in..... Not l337 h4x0r....

As I say, if there is enough interest, I have tentative plans for two others on other areas of module creation and although they are not l337 h4x0r they are very useful.

Cheers for the support guys

Developer

Of course its needed. Same reason I made the usb creation one. How is any one gonna be a leet hax0r if they can't even get a .lzm of a new tool going.

Downloading........

Will try to create module after I had gone through ( and understood) the tutorial.

Thanks !!

Just burned his ISO

The download link doesn't seem to be working. Is there another one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast