Thread: computer freeze after iwconfig

Just burned his ISO

Default computer freeze after iwconfig

I have tried several times to connect my 4965 intel wireless to my router but everytime i insert the info via iwconfig, my computer freezes. I dont know if this helps but my laptop is a hp dv6700. I have also tried to use the command bt acpi=off but then my card is not detected at all, but i have not featured any freezing.

What are the exact commands you are using, from start to the freeze?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

you are unlucky 2 times here

1 4965 is early alpha dev state, and works sometimes sometimes not , try to update the driver

2 you got a hp, meansif you replace the internal wireless minipcie card with an ath for ex, your pc will not boot !!!! there's a bios lock that need to be removed with a bios flash , this is available somewhere on the net google for it.

sorry

best solution cheap usb
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

All I do from start to finish is change the command and work path for the 3945/4965 and ipwraw menu items. Then I load the the 4965 driver. After that I iwconfig to see if worked and it does. After all this I type iwconfig wlan0 essid "my essid" key "my wep key".
    I do not use the quotes.
    This is as far as I get then it freezes.

And shamanvirtual, I will try to update the driver.

Just burned his ISO

Well I tried the most recent driver with no success, but I did realize that if I just let me computer sit for a bit it will freeze on its own. So it must be more of a hardware problem. When I use bt acpi=off I get no freeze. So how would I load the card after I use this command for start up?

Just burned his ISO

Bump.
    Just wondering if anyone has any new input. If not im going to go buy a cheap usb dongle from Best Buy soon.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Sounds like a plan man! Get the Hwug1.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

I was looking at that one, but the closest place I could get it is about 40 minutes away. I was also looking at WUSB54GC. Is the HWUG1 worth the wait or should I just go with the linksys?