Thread: Backtrack3 iso.torrent

Default Backtrack3 iso.torrent

how do i make a boot disk with a iso.torrent file?
    im running windows vista and would like to make a boot disk of backtrack3 so i can boot from VirtualBox. . .

You burn it onto a cd with a cd burning application.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
    how do i make a boot disk with a iso.torrent file?
    im running windows vista and would like to make a boot disk of backtrack3 so i can boot from VirtualBox. . .
    Just go here and download one of the ones that end in .iso, ignore any of the torrent ones and you will get the nice iso you want. If you want the dvd/usb version download the .rar one and follow the instructions on the wiki or in this forum for turning it into an iso. And if you want to learn what a torrent is and what to do with it, go here and you should find all the info you need.

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    You burn it onto a cd with a cd burning application.
    What kind of advice is that, YOU CANNOT BURN A .TORRENT file and expect to get what he is expecting.
    If you cannot start posting helpful answers some serious pruning is going to be taking place in these forums.

If you don't know what a iso or torrent is then BT definately isn't the distro for you. Stick with getting to know windows and building your generalized IT knowledge. Then try Ubuntu or something similar which is meant for beginners.

This isn't to be mean this is just to help you from endless problems and things you won't understand.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.