Thread: BT3 Applications

Just burned his ISO

Arrow BT3 Applications

Hi, I am new to this community, BT3, and most applications that are on there, so forgive me for my noobish questions. I was wondering what applications that are already on BT3 can perform the same function as netstumbler.I already have my wireless card up ( a lot easier than Auditor Security Collection I must add) and running. Also if anyone knows where a list of the applications and short description is or can make one, that would be a great help.

Developer

I was wondering what applications that are already on BT3 can perform the same function as BT3
    Call me crazy but I am not following you.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Call me crazy but I am not following you.
    Apparently he's talking in circles, so it's ok, he's following himself.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

long night guys, sorry suppose to say netstumbler

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Paint View Post
    long night guys, sorry suppose to say netstumbler
    Kismet is want you want I suppose

Just burned his ISO

I seem to be having a problem with kismet. I will click to run it, a box pops open and asks me which device I want to use. I select ath0 then click ok. Another window pops up real quickly then goes away, It looks like the konsole. Is it suppose to do this or am I not doing something right??

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paint View Post
    I seem to be having a problem with kismet. I will click to run it, a box pops open and asks me which device I want to use. I select ath0 then click ok. Another window pops up real quickly then goes away, It looks like the konsole. Is it suppose to do this or am I not doing something right??
    Did you edit the kismet.conf file ?
    located in: /usr/local/etc/kismet.conf

To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Did you edit the kismet.conf file ?
    located in: /usr/local/etc/kismet.conf

And last but not least....

uncomment the

#source=none,add

to make it say

source=madwifing_g,wifi0,Madwifing_g

or replace the g above with n, b or a (whatever speed your card and network is...usually the g is fine.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]