Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: qtparted ....where is it in BT3 ?

Just burned his ISO

Default qtparted ....where is it in BT3 ?

i've been trying to find qtparted in BT3 but i can't find it ... can u please tell me which tools else should do the same job

it is not included in bt3. You can use fdisk instead of it to create partitions. To use it type fdisk /dev/sda in terminal window.
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

Just burned his ISO

btw qtparted was much more easier specially in resizing partitions, now i have to reboot and use partition magic to resize partitions and make BT3 Hard disk install

Well BT is not meant to be an all graphical, windows like distro like SuSe or Fedora.

As it is stated, BT is not meant to use if you don't know your way around in Linux.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

thank you kmdave for your explanation, but i still like qtparted application it was great

Yeah it is easy to use, but well might be some kind of natural selection to not include it

No offense meant.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

if your wish to have it in BT3, download it as a module. and put it your "modules" folder. works as well here

http://slax.hosting4p.com/modules.ph...&name=qtparted
    download the module and extract the it into a directory and use dir2lzm to create a Bt module and if you r running off the usb place it modules folder.
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_luv View Post
    thank you kmdave for your explanation, but i still like qtparted application it was great
    Then INSTALL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

mkfs is fine also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast