Thread: Sp 800-115

Default Sp 800-115

Well, I'll be a good little boy and start my path to avatar status by pointing out that BackTrack has made it into the history books with the new SP 800-115 from NIST. While we were all dozing on turkey and xmas paper, there have been a few new drafts that came out. Check it out. And if you're not already there, get up to speed. While I am a DA certified ISO, I like to stay fresh on these for my resume'. Which I may need soon.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Quote Originally Posted by PeppersGhost View Post
    Well, I'll be a good little boy and start my path to avatar status by pointing out that BackTrack has made it into the history books with the new SP 800-115 from NIST. While we were all dozing on turkey and xmas paper, there have been a few new drafts that came out. Check it out. And if you're not already there, get up to speed. While I am a DA certified ISO, I like to stay fresh on these for my resume'. Which I may need soon.

Very cool indeed .... Welcome to the forums
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Just in case some of you are not following what was stated above
    the link is here:sp 800-115
    This is a draft version dated November 07 of the Technical Guide to Information Security Testing Published by The National Institute of Standards and Technology. On roughly page 72,73 they are talking about "what a live cd is." They mention backtrack as a favorite of many security experts. It goes on to give a brief history of backtrack. It also gives a table listing some of the security tools included. There is also a small bit of comparison to Knoppix STD however IMHO the authors of the text give the thumbs up to BT.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums PeppersGhost.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.