Thread: Backtrack v2 final Wont let me move the mouse in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007

Just burned his ISO

Smile Backtrack v2 final Wont let me move the mouse in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007

Backtrack will not move the mouse in virtual pc 2007.

please help me

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Get Vmware or Parallels. Virtual Pc sucks.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

alternatively save yourself the money and at the prompt "boot:" type "bt i8042.noloop" and press enter and it will allow you to use the mouse,

This is a known kernel issue in the newer kernels and from what i have read Both VMWare and VirtualPC emulate a PS/2 style mouse that are not getting found by the kernel.

you can read more about it on this tutorial that tells you how to get it working in ubuntu ( and permanently fix the problem on a HD Install)
    arcanecode dot wordpress dot com /2007/10/18/installing-ubuntu-710-under-virtual-pc-2007/

and this page
    arcanecode dot wordpress dot com /2007/04/25/ubuntu-704-and-virtual-pc-2007-mouse-issue-workaround-sort-of/

sorry, i'm not allowed to post URLS yet because i don't have enough posts yet

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    alternatively save yourself the money and at the prompt "boot:" type "bt i8042.noloop" and press enter and it will allow you to use the mouse,

This is a known kernel issue in the newer kernels and from what i have read Both VMWare and VirtualPC emulate a PS/2 style mouse that are not getting found by the kernel.

you can read more about it on this tutorial that tells you how to get it working in ubuntu ( and permanently fix the problem on a HD Install)
    arcanecode dot wordpress dot com /2007/10/18/installing-ubuntu-710-under-virtual-pc-2007/

and this page
    arcanecode dot wordpress dot com /2007/04/25/ubuntu-704-and-virtual-pc-2007-mouse-issue-workaround-sort-of/

sorry, i'm not allowed to post URLS yet because i don't have enough posts yet
    GREAT JOB MAN!
    You get a big THANKS! from me, awesome: now i can use my BT3 in Virtual PC!
    GREAT!
    Thanks!
    DOMy
    127.0.0.1 sweety 127.0.0.1???

Home, sweety home

-by HK!