Thread: BT3 USB Issue

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 USB Issue

Hey guys,

This belongs in the bt3beta parent topic, but for some reason I didn't have privileges to post there? I figured Newbie Area was the close second.

So here's my issue:

I downloaded the USB version of the BT3 beta. I ran the bootinst.bat on my Vista machine. The installation was successful, and everything worked without problems. It said the device was now bootable.

However, I have been unable to select it as a boot device (I tested it on 3 machines). No luck on my Intel Macbook, an XP machine, or my Vista machine. I tried wiping the drive and doing it all over again, to no avail.

I've searched the forums, read the wikis, and tried not to be stupid about this (I hate wasting people's time!). Maybe I missed something? Sorry if this is a stupid question...I did put it a substantial amount of research!

Thanks!

Developer

I'm a little unclear what your asking so let me see if I got it straight. You created a usb stick succesfully and ran the boot install file and it completed with out errors. Now you want to know how to boot from usb? Thats up to your machine not bt. You must go into the bios and select usb a s the first boot device IF your computer supports it. Not all of them do.

In my BIOS i can choose a lot of different USB boot modes. I had to choose USB-ZIP
    If your bios has a lot of "usb-boot-modes", then i would go for USB-ZIP or USB-CDROM.

It has worked fine for me, though somehow idk how, but my USB wont boot anymore,
    but that's just how i managed to mess up my USB Pen, maybe it didn't like i used it as
    an OS.
    [quote][I]I realized, that I had fallen down from the top of the mountain into a deep, terrifying and dark hole, just to find out that another mountain in front of me, much greater than the previous, was the next step in life. I began to wander uphill on the next mountain of life while I knew it would be much harder than the previous mountain. [/I]- MaXe[/quote]