Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is ACK? (aircrack)

Just burned his ISO

Default What is ACK? (aircrack)

I hope someone has the sympathy to answer at least some of my doubts as there are other people asking for help too.

I have a broadcom bcm4318 on my Gateway mx7515 laptop. I'm using the Live backtrack 3 BETA cd. I've been having luck in getting many things right working in aircrack. The part what I'm stuck on is the injection part 4.

I am able to inject, this is because I used the command "aireplay-ng -9 linksys (mac) eth1" to test my card's injection capability.
    waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: mac) on channel 6
    Trying to broadcast probe requests...
    Injection is working!
    Found 1 AP

This next part where I do the ARP requests is where I run into doubt.

I run the command aireplay-ng -3 -b (mac) -h (mac) eth1

and then it reads after a while: 150000 packets (got 0 ARP requests and 7000 ACKs), sent 0 packets...(0 pps)

Did I forget some first step? I've only been abel to get ACKs and no packets or ARPs.

Can someone explain to me whats going on, and what should I do?

try a different attack, my favourite -4 attack.
    also the broadcom card is not worthwhile having, i think it can only inject or sniff, cant do both at the same time....

Buy something wiht atheros or the Alfa external usb(cigarette pack sized one)

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by merlin051 View Post
    try a different attack, my favourite -4 attack.
    also the broadcom card is not worthwhile having, i think it can only inject or sniff, cant do both at the same time....

Buy something wiht atheros or the Alfa external usb(cigarette pack sized one)
    I just got BackTrack CD 2 days ago and never had any linux OS experience, but I did it! I was able to hack into my own WEP at 10pps (don't laugh) it wouldn't go any faster without giving that error, but in an hour + half I got the key! Not bad for a 2 year old laptop with an integrated card that I hardly used anyways, plus the mouse got to the cheese, and thats all I care.

I already looked into buying an external USB adapter, I had my eyes on a linksys WUSB54G or a WUSB54GS because they are easy to find (I.e walmart)
    But I am also looking fo an USB adapter that you can get off amazon that is under or $50 for x-mas.

Just burned his ISO

are you trying it in your own AP? does it have any other wireless clients?

I tried it in my own AP, no other clients, same thing happened.... but I had then my wired connection ping the AP's IP and it started re-injecting packets...

p.s.: my card is intel 3945

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by dantecl View Post
    are you trying it in your own AP? does it have any other wireless clients?

I tried it in my own AP, no other clients, same thing happened.... but I had then my wired connection ping the AP's IP and it started re-injecting packets...

p.s.: my card is intel 3945
    I think my downstairs computer was plugged into the wireless router when I did this. I have a broadcom 4318 integrated card. I don't fully understand when a router feels like sending packets, I wish someone posted explaining it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sagan View Post
    I think my downstairs computer was plugged into the wireless router when I did this. I have a broadcom 4318 integrated card. I don't fully understand when a router feels like sending packets, I wish someone posted explaining it.
    I dont understand why my routers sometimes dont feel like sending packets so I tell em " routers send packets now!!"

Any way if you want to learn about routers might I suggest wiki or howstuffworks.com when it comes to your ability to hack your router or ap or whatever if you dont know why/when your router chooses do to something then I suggest that you learn about it first then come back to the haxor it thing. if you just cant stand it and gotta know how to hack it now then at least read http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php and this will tell you all you need to know about it.

Now if its about your broadcom 4318 card then read: your other post about your card. also try http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...=broadcom+4318
    which gives some info in regards to the card working for some but not others.

hope that helps
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

ACK = acknowledgement packet

I am not an expert but i think it means that someone is trying to connect to the access point and he sent an acknowledgement packet to the router.

Just burned his ISO

Ya, ACK means the Acknowledgment flag of the packet has been set. It is the final step in a TCP 3-way handshake verifying that the connection has been established and data is on the way.

You guys are making me laugh

"I have no idea about networking, protocols or anything else, but i will now hack my router or PC"

In my opinion only 1 of 10 in here knows what he is doing with aireplay, aircrack,......

Sooo before you ask basically question read wiki...

I think the reason ur not getting any IV's is cause there is no activity on the AP and no clients connected. U using the beta or final version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast