Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smallest & Best Unit

Just burned his ISO

Default Smallest & Best Unit

Hi!

Just wondering and putting it out there, what is the smallest yet most versitile unit BackTrack has been used on? I'm planning purchasing a laptop just to run BackTrack. I'll want to use two wifi cards too, so that limits the options.

Idea's?

Many Thanks

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

EEEpc? I believe BT3 was built with this laptop in mind. Currently I run mine on a dell latitude D series. Everything worked outside the box (plus a very small laptop).
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Has anyone ran BackTack on one?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by ironclaw View Post
    Has anyone ran BackTack on one?
    Yes a lot of us already are running bt3 on the asus eeepc. If you want to use two wifi card with it you'll have to get a usb for the second one as there is no pcmioa slot.

check out post #1 by muts here

Talking Yay!! eeepc.....

I agree, currently the best "value for money" by far, imho, is the Asus eeepc.
    There's a couple of threads around here where you'll find more info........

If you really want to spend out a bit, it might be worth taking a look at the Vye mini-v, although I know little more about them than the fact that they exist and they look quite neat!
    I couldn't comment on compatibility, etc.

For a practically guaranteed compatibility with BT3, go for the eeepc - Muts went to great pains to get everything working with BT3beta
    As PH mentioned, there are quite a few of us around here playing around with them at the moment, so you'd have some degree of help/reference available.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the help. What would be the best investment on the USB Wifi side? I have a fair collection of PCMCIA cards so USB isn't my speciality. I'd need the use of external connectors on them too.

Thanks for the info so far!

LAWL! The Alfa! I can't afford one of these yet, So I settled with the Hwug1. Usb with Sma jack. I love it. You gotta configure the drivers first though.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Will that work will all aspects of BackTrack 2? And i presume I could use two of them on two different slots? e.g Injection and Airodump.

Shouldn't be a problem...

Developer

Iron claw let me get one thing straight. bt2 does not have the wifi drivers for the eeepc's internel atheros card. bt3 beta does however. The internel wifi in the asus eeepc in atheros based and supports injection, wpa stuff and every thing else I have tried so far. It also works with my alfa usb 500w whatever its called. There is only 3 usb slots and the alfa requires two but is well worth it but like I said the internel card injects with bt3. I guess you could apply the patch in bt2 but I havnt tried nor do I want to. I love the eeepc it rocks plus I look super uber l33t when I go to starbucks now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast