Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autoconfigure RDP connection on Live Boot

Just burned his ISO

Default Autoconfigure RDP connection on Live Boot

Hello,

Im looking for a way to customize backtrack3 beta so that I can configure a specific RDP server connection right at startup. Is there a script written for this purpose already? Or is there a way I can go about doing this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Just burned his ISO

Any ideas?

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Does it have to be RDP? Can it be VNC?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Yes it has to be RDP because it will be connecting to a windows 2003 server (not my choice :-P)

Just burned his ISO

Or even a shortcut to a saved connection on the desktop when it boots up. I feel a little dissapointed with this community :-/ such lack of support for anything that doesn't include wifi cracking or 3d display settings. Hopefully I can find some help.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter563 View Post
    Or even a shortcut to a saved connection on the desktop when it boots up. I feel a little dissapointed with this community :-/ such lack of support for anything that doesn't include wifi cracking or 3d display settings. Hopefully I can find some help.
    No kidding, If I were you, I would just totally slam the door and storm out.
    Because it's really way too hard to drag the remote desktop icon to the desktop, doubleclick it and then type in the address. That's way too effing hard. Once it's in there, it saves the address too. But damn, I would have to click the drop down box and choose it. Seems like too much of a pain to me. Hell, pressing the button to turn on the laptop is kinda complicated too! Maybe I shouldn't use a computer anymore....

Do some research. I'm sure there is a RDP tool out there that will let you create a shortcut for noobs. Or write a script to do it. Woe was meeeeee.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

Ha. Alright now you are trying to make some sort of personal insult, trying to act like some "arrogant linux elitist" when you didnt even read the background of what I am trying to do. Do you really think I couldnt find the RDP connection? Do you really think that I couldnt drag the icon to the desktop? If I didnt know how to do that why would I even be able to login to a support forum heh. Maybe before you insult people you should "Do some research" on the thread you are yelling at someone in. It really isn't much reading due to lack of actual support. Heck, the longest post was one trying to insult me.

For people who are ACTUALLY willing to help rather than try to make themselves look cool trying to yell on forums at people with a lower post count:

I am trying to get RDP to autostart when the machine boots with a pre-configured server connection in essence making it a dumb terminal. This is becasue the clients I am planning on deploying this OS with need nothing else but that, and would like to make startup to server as fast as possible. It is a simple tweak but I am NOT doing it because i cant figure out where the RDP connection shortcut is, merely because it is fast and convenient to have an autostart. I dont want to walk through connection with them all of the time, I want to configure it myself, and give them the flash drive and tell them to boot it and go. Thank you for any help.

Alright Chucklehead, I wasn't trying to sound "cool" or become a "linux elitist". Just because people don't answer a post, it doesn't mean the community sucks. if you think it sucks, then go somewhere else.

http://www.netadmintools.com/art237.html

or

http://www.fontis.com.au/rdesktop

or just figure out the commands, throw it in a bash script and set it to startup.

Edit: This one may be better for you http://atlaswares.info/index.php?tit...s_Generation_I

I just searched in google rdesktop scripts.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter563 View Post
    This is becasue the clients I am planning on deploying this OS with need nothing else but that, and would like to make startup to server as fast as possible. It is a simple tweak but I am NOT doing it because i cant figure out where the RDP connection shortcut is, merely because it is fast and convenient to have an autostart. I dont want to walk through connection with them all of the time, I want to configure it myself, and give them the flash drive and tell them to boot it and go. Thank you for any help.
    Not trying to be ignorant but in that case why are you running back track. Surely you would be better off with a really skinned down standard slax or something similar. You could prob get it down low enough to go on a 256mb or 512mb stick. Just baffles me why you decided to use a linux security distro to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by mupets_revenge View Post
    Not trying to be ignorant but in that case why are you running back track. Surely you would be better off with a really skinned down standard slax or something similar. You could prob get it down low enough to go on a 256mb or 512mb stick. Just baffles me why you decided to use a linux security distro to do this?
    lol you lil lurker! You joined in october of 06 and only have 3 posts? lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast