Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy an ALFA USB ?

Default Where to buy an ALFA USB ?

I've been looking around but can't find any shops (not ebay ones) that sell Alfa USB wireless cards, does anybody know a good source in Ireland/UK, or even anywhere in EU i.e. Germany?

--------------

Just burned his ISO

Try yatow in .de

Just bought there. Perfect service and fast delievery.

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    I've been looking around but can't find any shops (not ebay ones) that sell Alfa USB wireless cards, does anybody know a good source in Ireland/UK, or even anywhere in EU i.e. Germany?

--------------
    I live in Ireland, I use eBay. I use to work in Maplin Electronics and I know for a fact that we do not sell wifi cards with external pigtail/sma connectors. You could build it yourself [modify and existing card], or you could purchase it from the same place I shop... http://www.wardrivingworld.com

I think its thee best store for any wardriving needs. Where abouts in Eire are you?

Tiocfaidh ar la

Edit: Forgot to mention I have an Alfa 500mW, it arrived broken...but wardrivingworld just sent me a replacement a few days ago so it should arrive within the next 3 days. If you live in Northern Ireland you will receive your package quicker as its apart of the UK and we have 'Postcodes', and you know yourself the south doesnt have postcodes so mail is just a wee bit slower. Usually takes 6-8 business days for it to arrive. Its a great online store and I highly recommend them

http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet...6H-Alfa/Detail

I've just purchased one from here

This is the right one isn't it?
    As I read a thread the other day which I can't find that said watch out for a certain Alfa 500mw model.

I can also recommend Data-Alliance I have an Alfa and also a Ubiquiti from them.
    They ship form UK so its next day delivery. (2 days max).

And i can really recommended Ubiquiti.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I thought data-alliance sold the ones with the wrong chipset. Can anyone confirm this? Xploitz (in some thread somewhere) showed their site with the chipset in the middle of the page which was the wrong chipset. I wish I could find that thread now dammit.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    I thought data-alliance sold the ones with the wrong chipset. Can anyone confirm this? Xploitz (in some thread somewhere) showed their site with the chipset in the middle of the page which was the wrong chipset. I wish I could find that thread now dammit.
    Taken from data-alliance:
    Chipset: RealTek 8187 also known as RTL8187L
    Maybe this help.
    __________________________________________________ ________

EDIT:

Found it now!
    Thread: Just search after alfa.

And Xploitz says:
    I just got mine in the mail today.

Make sure its the RTL8187L chipset!!!

theres some on ebay that look EXACTLY like the right one...but it has the RTL8185 Chipset...which is useless for what we do.

Chipset>>>> RealTek 8185 >>>>Brand: Alfa
    See this as an example of what NOT to buy.

SEE LINK THE ABOVE

Scroll down almost halfway and you'll see it. See how tricky some of these sellers are??
    But the card on data-alliance:
    It works.

Does have RTL8187L chipset! So it shall work but the card from the eBay link is just shit if we shall believe Xploitz, which i do

NOTE: I hate that i dont can post links before 15posts... Really annoying.

Oh no

Does anyone know which thread Xploitz mentioned it??
    I've had a quick look, but no joy.

I ordered one the other day

edit:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...t=alfa+chipset

Found it He says NOT to buy the 8185 chipset and to get the RTL8187L which this is

link to the ebay example to watch out for:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Alfa-500mW-USB-W...QQcmdZViewItem

See you can see the difference between the one I purchased and this one

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Alrighty, Sounds good. Sorry to scare everyone LOL.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast