Thread: SENAO NL 2511 CD PLUS EXT 2 Injection

Just burned his ISO

Angry SENAO NL 2511 CD PLUS EXT 2 Injection

I just got a Senao PC card wireless adapter with external antenna. I followed the "blacklist" instructions (blacklist orinoco_cs, etc) so it can load the correct drivers in BT3 (hostap_cs). The problem is, I cannot inject. I setup an access point, and I can associate with it, but not inject. My card firmware is the recommended 1.7.4. What might be the problem?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

did you search on the forums or google on how to get your card to inject?
    did you try aireplay-ng -9 -e (ESSID) -a (MAC Address of AP) - ath0 (where ath0 is the interface name) ?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, I tried that command. It seems that aireplay-ng sends out packets (it says sending packets and ACK's) but the IV count in airodump goes up very slowly to 0 (1 IV per 15-20 seconds). I can also associate myself with the Access point right away. The only thing is the injection, which is far from working.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexmagnus View Post
    Yeah, I tried that command. It seems that aireplay-ng sends out packets (it says sending packets and ACK's) but the IV count in airodump goes up very slowly to 0 (1 IV per 15-20 seconds). .
    Ok try to move closer to the ap. ensure that you started the interface in monitor mode on the same channel as the ap. Run “iwconfig” and confirm that the interface is in monitor mode and on the correct channel, and correct speed. also in order for an access point to accept a packet, the source MAC address must already be associated to the ap.
    If the source MAC address you are injecting is not associated then the AP ignores the packet and sends out a “DeAuthentication” packet. In this state, no new IVs are created because the AP is ignoring all the injected packets.

you may also need to update to a newer version of the aircrack suite. not
    sure if this would be the case unless you are using a really old version.

so give it another go and see what happens

disclaimer: do this on your own stuff
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Good luck with that card. I bought that card a long time ago when everyone said it was great. I never got it to work right. I was able to put it in monitor mode, and capture with airodump or kismet, however, I was never able to get any attacks to work. You can try flashing the firmware, but it's a pain. I gave up and bought another card.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

I haven't tried to inject yet with BT3. I can try tonight when I get home. I know it works like a champ in B|T2.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, injection does not seem to favor me well. I'm running BT3 btw. Everything else is going right, the association to my AP, packet sending to the AP, and ACK requests, but injection is the main thing not working. I also tried flashing firmware 1.7.4. I saw no difference. I really like this card because of its TX/RX power, and the option for 2 ext antennas. Is the newest hostap drivers installed in BT3?