Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT2 Headless System Remote Desktop Control

Just burned his ISO

Question BT2 Headless System Remote Desktop Control

I need some help with a Remote Desktop Control for a BT2 Headless System. Must be done without using any VNC software and the client OS is WinXP-Sp2.

BT2 is installed with SSH running and X11 forwarding turned on. Using ReflectionX 13.0, I can connect via SSH and start an xterm session. If I type startkde then it launches kde via X11 forwarding on my local XServer.

This is great for one time connections but not for leaving your session running on BT2.

Can I do this with my current config (SSH and ReflectionX) ?

I tried NoMachine NX but could not install it. Can this work ? Does anyone know how to get it working ?

What software performs best for remote desktop control (other than VNC) ?

Have you tried rdp?

Out of curiosity what's wrong with VNC?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation How to RDP to BT2 ?

There is not wrong with VNC, I just don't like it.

I use MS RDP alot and prefer to use it when possible.

How do I RDP to BT2 ? Is that the same as MS RDP ??

Sorry I dont' have BT in front of me (can't wait to get back to my normal office). Yes it would be essentially the same as MS RDP.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xrdp
    http://www.thinstuff.com/products/lx-server/

You might want to look at the following as well:
    http://freenx.berlios.de/
    http://www.2x.com/terminalserver/
    http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmator View Post
    How do I RDP to BT2 ? Is that the same as MS RDP ??
    Nevermind foo!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Kde start--> Internet---> Remote Desktop--> type in rdp:/(ip Address)
    I think he wants BT as the server not the client.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Errors with make in xrdp

... xrdp and lxserver ...

thorin, Can you send me some instructions for getting these working on BT2 ??

Thanks

Sorry haven't used them myself, just dug the stuff up this morning. I knew it was doable because I have friends that rdp to Linux boxes so I just went digging. Sorry I can't provide specifics.

Just burned his ISO

Red face argh ... some help please ...

This is really frustrating ...

Need some expert help getting remote access to bt2.

Anyone know how to get xrdp or lxserver working ??

Or maybe something else that works with bt2 ??

I tried to use nxserver too, but It was really hard to find decent documentation. Dudes from many forums in internet say different ways to configure e solve problems, but I didn't have success too.

I don't know about debian/ubuntu versions BT4 was based, but in the nomachine's website It says the NX is only compatible with some versions of those. I also don't know if BT4 has changed linux structure, but I had some installation problems too.

"NX Free Edition for Linux DEB - i386
    (...) Debian GNU Linux 4.0 Etch/5.0 Lenny, Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy Badger/6.06 Dapper Drake/6.10/Edgy Eft/7.04 Feisty Fawn/7.10 Gutsy Gibbon/8.04 Hardy Heron/8.10 Intrepid Ibex/Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope/9.10 Karmic Koala"

And success case would be welcome in this thread. NX seems to be the best remote solution out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast