Thread: scanning

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy scanning

hello everybody;
    sometimes , you scan a website for exemple with nmap ; it then appears that the resuits show only one open port. i wonder what people like hackers do after.Anybody know? i know i have got to STFW or RTFM but a forum is a place to search too

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

What website are you scanning?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

that type of result dosn't occurs with typically a kind of website... i noticed that with several websites ..
    the message is:
    Not shown: 1696 filtered ports
    PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
    80/tcp open http-proxy DansGuardian HTTP proxy
    Device type: general purpose
    Running (JUST GUESSING) : Linux 2.6.X (86%)
    Aggressive OS guesses: Linux 2.6.9 - 2.6.12 (x86) (86%)
    No exact OS matches for host (test conditions non-ideal)...
    ...and that is all...

Quote Originally Posted by vreezver View Post
    that type of result dosn't occurs with typically a kind of website... i noticed that with several websites ..
    the message is:
    Not shown: 1696 filtered ports
    PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
    80/tcp open http-proxy DansGuardian HTTP proxy
    Device type: general purpose
    Running (JUST GUESSING) : Linux 2.6.X (86%)
    Aggressive OS guesses: Linux 2.6.9 - 2.6.12 (x86) (86%)
    No exact OS matches for host (test conditions non-ideal)...
    ...and that is all...
    Well that doesn't help.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by vreezver View Post
    hello everybody;
    sometimes , you scan a website for exemple with nmap ; it then appears that the resuits show only one open port. i wonder what people like hackers do after.Anybody know? i know i have got to STFW or RTFM but a forum is a place to search too
    It could be that there's only one port open. Ever think about that?

Oh, and if you're scanning websites that you shouldn't be scanning, consider this. There are those of us that are dectecting these scans and reporting them to the proper channels. Since most of the time, doing recon against other networks is against ISP TOS/AUP.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

Oh, and if you're scanning websites that you shouldn't be scanning, consider this. There are those of us that are dectecting these scans and reporting them to the proper channels. Since most of the time, doing recon against other networks is against ISP TOS/AUP.
    I almost had one Streaker!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    I almost had one Streaker!
    I know, but he's sidestepping you. Trust me, I could already see it happening.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I know, but he's sidestepping you. Trust me, I could already see it happening.
    Dont scan websites you lil side-stepper. Build your own website and scan that one. Or become a security consultant and get permission.

Just burned his ISO

it doesn't help , that is why i asked for help

Not to mention that it's a crime in many countries.
    it doesn't help , that is why i asked for help
    Do some reading, take some courses.

Yes we understand that everyone has to start somewhere and might not know all the answers. But, we assume you have at least half a clue how to carry out a pentest. Failing that you're probably doing something illegal or playing with things you don't understand.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.