Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backtrack on PS3?

scottsee

Default Backtrack on PS3?

I was wondering if anyone has used Backtrack on the PS3, if there there was any information available about the Ethernet Chipsets & driver, whether or not they support packet-injection, exc..

Umm, do they even have a x86 processor??
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottsee View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has used Backtrack on the PS3, if there there was any information available about the Chipset/driver, whether or not they support packet-injectio, exc..
    lol. Not that I'm aware of.

It looks like gentoo might work on the ps3.

EDIT: Please send me your PS3 and I will give it a try! I will give the address to an abandoned warehouse near my house, hold on, let me find the addy.....
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

scottsee

Well, I plan on playing around with it, I'm not having an easy time finding the ethernet card / wi-fi chipset/driver info on it though. I've searched all through Yellowdog, very little refrence to it. I would like to see if it will even support packetinjection...

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

Distributions

OpenSuSE, Ubuntu[6], Fedora Core 7[7], Gentoo [8] and Debian [9] can be run on the PlayStation 3.[10] Sony sponsors a specific distribution

Yellow Dog Linux for the PlayStation 3, which was first released for the PS3 in late 2006. [11]

Yellow Dog Linux 5.0 was one of the first Linux distributions to run on Sony's PlayStation 3 platform. [12] It is designed specifically for HDTV so users with SDTV will have to use the commands 'installtext' and 'ydl480i' to be able to install and run.[1]

Yellow Dog Linux includes well-known GNU/Linux components such as the Linux kernel proper, GCC, and the GNU C Library, as well as other free/open-source technologies such as Apache, PostgreSQL, Python, Webmin, and XFree86. The distribution also includes user applications, such as the Mozilla Firefox Web browser, OpenOffice.org, Evolution, Rhythmbox, MPlayer, Pidgin, and GIMP.

Yellow Dog Linux is a derivative of Fedora Core and relies on the RPM package manager. Through successive versions of Yellow Dog Linux, Terra Soft Solutions has invested heavily in implementing support specifically for Apple and IBM hardware. As a result, Yellow Dog Linux supports accelerated graphics and audio hardware out of the box, although some other hardware components will not function properly without modifications to the kernel.

Official Yellow Dog Website

I THINK YOU MAY SEARCH ON SLACKWARE FORUM TO SEE IF THERE IS A PORT MAYBE THERE IS ONE .......... IF SO BT SHOULD INSTALL
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

scottsee

Thank-you for that. Any info on Ethernet & Wi-Fi Card info (chipset, drivers) would be very helpfull..

Do you already have YellowDog installed?
    Doesn't it have lspci, dmesg, et al?

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Do you already have YellowDog installed?
    Doesn't it have lspci, dmesg, et al?
    I've gotten Yellow dog to run on my electric toothbrush

root@yellowdogbox:# dmesg
    root@yellowdogbox:# /dev/teeth please brush me twice a day!

To the original poster: port it and append the wiki
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

LOL

Can you please post a howto on this??
    What chipset does your toothbrush use??

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    LOL

Can you please post a howto on this??
    What chipset does your toothbrush use??
    http://www.strangehorizons.com/2004/...5/badger.shtml ... nuff said.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast