Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: about the compability of a wi-fi card

  1. #1
    setas
    Guest

    Default about the compability of a wi-fi card

    hi
    i'm going to buy a laptop computer (dell inspiron 1520) with a "Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card Wireless" wifi card. Where could i find information about if it is possible to inject with tis card. and if it is able to use with a backtrack..

    thank you...

  2. #2
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by setas View Post
    hi
    i'm going to buy a laptop computer (dell inspiron 1520) with a "Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card Wireless" wifi card. Where could i find information about if it is possible to inject with tis card. and if it is able to use with a backtrack..

    thank you...
    The chances a stock dell card will inject are slim to none but the backtrack wiki would be a good place to do some reasearch.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by setas View Post
    hi
    i'm going to buy a laptop computer (dell inspiron 1520) with a "Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card Wireless" wifi card. Where could i find information about if it is possible to inject with tis card. and if it is able to use with a backtrack..

    thank you...
    Its a broadcom 4311

    I use that same driver in my wifes Compaq Presario v6110US with ndiswrapper to connect to the internet with my Broad-sux..I mean Broadcom.

    ***EDIT***

    Yes it injucts..like Sh*t...but it does inject with the latest developmental version of aircracjk-ng suite.

    It won't work for you..you gotta work for it.

    No -3 attack supported.

    -4 Korek chopchop works..but you have to run the aireplay-ng -2 command a lot to keep it injecting.

    Its a headache..

    Get an Atheros chipped card or an Alfa 500Mw USB dongle.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

  4. #4
    mankindmankind
    Guest

    Default

    whoops double post uber delay on thread updates or something...

  5. #5
    mankindmankind
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Get an Atheros chipped card or an Alfa 500Mw USB dongle.
    Is there a specific not too expensive card from newegg? I couldn't figure out what cards were "Atheros"

    I have an Edimax card, but it didn't work last time due to driver issues. I also have a Inspiron 1505 with the dell broadcom, it also had trouble. Thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mankindmankind View Post
    Is there a specific not too expensive card from newegg? I couldn't figure out what cards were "Atheros"

    I have an Edimax card, but it didn't work last time due to driver issues. I also have a Inspiron 1505 with the dell broadcom, it also had trouble. Thanks

    Use what I use to use.

    airlink AWLC4130

    Best damn atheros card in my opinion. 25 bucks at Frys electronics.
    Has 2 places to solder 2 different antennas on it. Fast, reliable, modable, and tough as nails.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

  7. #7
    mankindmankind
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Use what I use to use.

    airlink AWLC4130

    Best damn atheros card in my opinion. 25 bucks at Frys electronics.
    Has 2 places to solder 2 different antennas on it. Fast, reliable, modable, and tough as nails.
    Exactly the response I was lookingfor . Only problem now is, my computer won't boot the back track cd, some error during the startup of the cd about scsi/ide problems. I have ubuntu installed on one of the partitions, I guess I'm going to try and figure out how to fix it... Thanks!

  8. #8
    mankindmankind
    Guest

    Default

    Oh man, it's a laptop card, sweet. Means I won't even have to figure out the backtrack problem, because that was my desktop... Going to pick one up on my way to my parents house for thanksgiving then I'm going to test it out on their network! Thanks so much.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mankindmankind View Post
    Oh man, it's a laptop card, sweet. Means I won't even have to figure out the backtrack problem, because that was my desktop... Going to pick one up on my way to my parents house for thanksgiving then I'm going to test it out on their network! Thanks so much.
    Anytime. And when you get it..be sure to look at my thread in the tutorial section for modding your airlink awlc4130. But do a better soldering job than I did!!
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

  10. #10
    mankindmankind
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Anytime. And when you get it..be sure to look at my thread in the tutorial section for modding your airlink awlc4130. But do a better soldering job than I did!!
    sounds good, I modded a device with incredibly small points once, so It shouldn't be too much trouble...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •