Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can update BT iso with NEW MADWIFI?

Just burned his ISO

Default How can update BT iso with NEW MADWIFI?

Is it the same as update aircrack-ng? by opening BT iso file with magic iso and open bt folder then models and add unziped file of madwifi updated driver?then save new iso ? thanks

Yea, that would work. You would just need a module with the updated drivers.

E
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mybrain

Quote Originally Posted by elazar View Post
    Yea, that would work. You would just need a module with the updated drivers.

E
    Where can I get a module with the updated drivers ?

Sorry I don't want to act like an angry moron, but is it just me or are all these spelling mistakes and bad grammar pissing others off?

Example1: 'How can update BT iso with NEW MADwifi?
    Example2: LiveCD cant booting

The list goes on. Sorry, but I am kind of in a mad mood :-/

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Sorry I don't want to act like an angry moron, but is it just me or are all these spelling mistakes and bad grammar pissing others off?

Example1: 'How can update BT iso with NEW MADwifi?
    Example2: LiveCD cant booting

The list goes on. Sorry, but I am kind of in a mad mood :-/
    You usually get this when English is not their first language. You can usually tell. Other times it's just some chucklehead that spells "Prevent" as "Pervent". Also, the little red underline beneath a word should give you a hint!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

@The_Denv

Yes this annoys me but I usually chalk it up to ESL (English as Second Language) or typos (ie: pervent vs prevent).

I try to give the person a chance. At least until the person puts down or complains about the people who are trying to help them when they can't even manage to assemble a decent subject line or sentence in English. If that happens then I usually rip a strip off them for being incompetent and un-thankful.

Mind you the "dict" address bar keyword (quicksearch) in Firefox is one of my favorite features.

My biggest pet peeves are:
    1) People who can't figure out there, they're, and their.
    2) People who can't wrap their head around the logic of "and" vs. "or" and use "and/or".
    3) People who get digital units of measure messed up. kB=kilobyte, MB=megabyte, GB=gigabyte, Mb=megabit, etc. WTF do people think a mb is? (I've never heard of a microbit. In fact in a binary digital world you can't even have something smaller than a bit.).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    @The_Denv

My biggest pet peeves are:
    1) People who can't figure out there, they're, and their.
    YES! My God, How hard is that?!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

just my $.02....

I am a Moderator and a Super Moderator at satellite forums... and it's my posted opinion there that "spelling and punctuation" do not count.. it's the question/answer and how complete it is that's important.

I'm new to Linux and I've been reading till my eyes are bleeding and after a week, I just found a "Eureka" moment by getting both my wifi adaptors on my old laptop to access the net for the first time today; I'm writing via FF in BT2 Live CD... it's been a struggle and I've not wanted to post a question here as we noobs tend to get some sharp answers to our questions at times... but, in fairness, some noob questions are easily answered by using SEARCH and by reading which apparently isn't done enough here as where I also spend some time.

True or not, perhaps those who are a tad troubled by spelling and punctuation are the "'engineer" type where things MUST be accurate which is a job requirement in their line of work....

... in any case, I'd like to express my thanks and appreciation for all the hard work the folks who answer questions put in to help educate and move we noobs along in our Linux/BT education... you folks are very, very helpful to me.

teach

:cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by teachscuba View Post
    just my $.02....

I am a Moderator and a Super Moderator at satellite forums... and it's my posted opinion there that "spelling and punctuation" do not count.. it's the question/answer and how complete it is that's important.

I'm new to Linux and I've been reading till my eyes are bleeding and after a week, I just found a "Eureka" moment by getting both my wifi adaptors on my old laptop to access the net for the first time today; I'm writing via FF in BT2 Live CD... it's been a struggle and I've not wanted to post a question here as we noobs tend to get some sharp answers to our questions at times... but, in fairness, some noob questions are easily answered by using SEARCH and by reading which apparently isn't done enough here as where I also spend some time.

True or not, perhaps those who are a tad troubled by spelling and punctuation are the "'engineer" type where things MUST be accurate which is a job requirement in their line of work....

... in any case, I'd like to express my thanks and appreciation for all the hard work the folks who answer questions put in to help educate and move we noobs along in our Linux/BT education... you folks are very, very helpful to me.

teach
    In a technical forum, spelling should count for those of us that can spell properly it's very difficult to search for key information if all that information is spelled incorrectly.

All the internet short hand gibberish should not be used, as people generally aren't going to be searching based upon that crap.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast