Thread: [SOLVED] HP dv6303TX issues dv6000 series

Question [SOLVED] HP dv6303TX issues dv6000 series

Hello,

I am trying to get my hardware working in backtrack, but i can't figure out whats missing, usb doesn't work, no sound, no wifi, no LAN.... i must be missing some serious driver like some chipset drivers or something but i can't find anyone who has the issues on this level, seems they dont have sound or wifi....

If anyone could through me some keywords i would love to get backtrack going... Slackware 12 everything goes so i know it will work with linux.

also lspci -v outputs nothing......

i can startx and get a low res session and use all the tools just no hardware :-(

Cheers

Just burned his ISO

I have the same issue with my HP Pavilion DV6000t.. does anyone have any ideas whats going on?

take a look at the HCL

Developer

Upgrading the kernal may help but unless you've worked with a kernal rebuild before It might be a bad idea.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    take a look at the HCL
    I did check it, and It's wrong in this case.. HP may have made different revisions of the DV6000T and put different hardware in it. In my case nothing is detected.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Upgrading the kernal may help but unless you've worked with a kernal rebuild before It might be a bad idea.
    I went and installed the newest kernel to date (2.6.23.1) and no go. I'm positive i could fix the problem if i knew what it was.

I've had a few different flavors of linux installed, and all work flawlessly. BT2 is the only one i have problems with

If anyone has any ideas on what the problem might be, please let me know!

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

If your other linux partitions work copy the .config over to your bt install and use that to compile your new kernel. And go for a lower kernel version, 2.6.23 has afew issues. Try 2.6.15 or 2.6.22.2

Quote Originally Posted by Cybersqu View Post
    I did check it, and It's wrong in this case.. HP may have made different revisions of the DV6000T and put different hardware in it. In my case nothing is detected.

I went and installed the newest kernel to date (2.6.23.1) and no go. I'm positive i could fix the problem if i knew what it was.

I've had a few different flavors of linux installed, and all work flawlessly. BT2 is the only one i have problems with

If anyone has any ideas on what the problem might be, please let me know!
    I would also go for a 2.6.22.2 kernel (as Dr_GrEeN advices you), it works great with my hp/compaq laptop. When you said you installed the newest kernel, are you sure you got it correctly installed? If not, there are a lot of kernel compiling howtos in the forum (almost too much). I'm also available for pm advice, if you need.
    ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

Just burned his ISO

I tried out the v2.6.22.2 kernel and everything worked out well. I have bt installed with working sound/video/usb/etc.. I'm a happy guy now!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well i will add [SOLVED] tag to the title....

another "customer" satisfied
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006