Thread: What kind of cards do i have?

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy What kind of cards do i have?

I know this sounds stupid but i'm very confused I checked out the link

I could no post the link until i have 15 posts but its a linux chipset website i found here when i did a search.

and i need help

My first card is a GigaFast WF721-Aex and here is what it has

802.11b WF-721-AEX PCMCIA Atmel atmelwlandriver green

but the driver and a WLanDrv.zip says it is a RTL8180 chipset

My second card is a buffalo WLI-PCM-L11G

This is just as weird on the chart there is not a "WLI-PCM-L11G" there is a
    802.11b WLI-PCM-L11 PCMCIA Prism2/2.5/3
    and a
    802.11b WLI-PCM-L11GP PCMCIA Agere Wavelan

and there is a

802.11b WLI-USB-L11G USB Orinoco Wavelan

and my driver and B2T has mine as a orinoco? but the only orinoco that chart has is a USB?

After I find out what i have my goal is packet injecting from what i understand the old orinoco hermies 1 chipset does not inject. So if you can tell me what my other card is and if it will inject

Thank you in advance and i am sorry for such a newbe question

Try google the first result it returns is relevant. I didn't bother with the second card because it's likely the same story.

Just burned his ISO

Default not the case

i found this on google
    Gigafast has been shipping a number of totally different cards under the same model number (at least 4 different chipsets identified as of November 2005).
    I guess their catalog is simpler that way, even if customer service is not. Maybe they just bought a LARGE number of labels and they try to use them all :-)

Brian Schank and Jim Brown (see links below) pointed out the different chipsets are identified by the serial number, not the model number, and provided links to build process for other chipsets. Many thanks to them.
    so my seral # is a R meaning Realtek ,BUT i still get two response from google when i google the fc id i get a realtek 8139 but everywhere else i get a rtl8180

http://www.ko4bb.com/linux/Gigafast_WF721-AEX/ < First result in google search

I did some research to find out the chipset used in the card. The Gigafast website lists drivers, including "Linux" drivers, which are for the Realtek RTL8180 chipset. However, the card's FCC ID: IIO-0236WLPC, when plugged into the FCC search page reveals that the card is in fact made by CNet, a Taiwanese company. On the FCC's web site, internal pictures of the card show that it has an Atmel AT76C502A chip.
    etc