Thread: wireless connect

Just burned his ISO

Default wireless connect

This is probably a stupid question but I can't figure it out. I've got a new install of backtrack2 and I used it to hack my wireless network and get the WEP key, I wanted to go to the next step and see if I can get into my desktop system once I'm on the network but even with my essid and key I can't seem to get connected to my wireless network I'm used to ubuntu and gnome where the wifi manager just asked for the key but kwifimanager doesn't seem to work can anyone help?

btw..
    essid: rascal
    channel: 11
    WEP key: paul1

Default dynamic

This reply is made after considering your other posts.

It may be that you are a little out of your depth in the area of networking.

You might benefit from searching the web for tutorials on home networking.

To accomplish your task you will need to know if the target system (AP) dynamically allocates IP addresses or if it is set to allow only static adrdresses. If you can answer this point then it might be possible to help you further if you will write again.
    Lux sit

Just burned his ISO

Sorry I should have included some of that info, yes my router has dhcp enabled and I was attempting to use that, although I prefer static IP because of how I configure port fowarding on my router for certain services (some go to my desktop at 192.168.0.111 others my laptop which was at 192.168.0.112) the of course the gateway is 192.168.0.1 and subnet 255.255.255.0, I tried to configure rc.inet1.conf and rc.wireless.conf (it worked for slackware 12) but when I reboot the laptop it didn't work, I also tried ifconfig ath0 down and using iwconfig to manually enter all the wifi data the ifconfig ath0 up which also didn't work.

Default Ok

Very well, you will use the program iwconfig to enter the parameters of the AP then use ipconfig to bring the card up. You might at that stage check iwconfig to see if it has associated with the AP.

Then issue a dhcpcd interface command and the AP will allocate an address.

kwifimanager has bugs and may not yet be reliable.

I hope this helps.

ifconfig iface down
    iwconfig iface essid name key keyvalue
    ifconfig iface up
    iwconfig iface
    dhcpcd iface

(You might also note that some other OSs use dhclient as a script for address enquiry, though this is not the case for BTv2)
    Lux sit

Just burned his ISO

thanks a ton blackfoot I got it up and running now it was the dhcpd command I was missing, so thanks again for putting up with all my noob questions

Good to hear you got it ll up and running.

Good work with helping him blackfoot.

Thread closed.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]