Thread: major problem

Default major problem

ok here's the deal I was doing the Backtrack|Track hard drive install, i used G-parted to repartion hard drive i set it to make a new primary @ about 10g's
    and ext2 format, then i load the live cd and started to install to /dev/hda2
    and mbr to 1, this is where the problem came it started installing BT and at 81% it powered off (oh yea its on a lap top and yes it was pluged in to a/c)
    well now when i boot it up the scren just shows an L and a whole screen of 9999's, then i got it to boot finally after a fresh install of BT, but now it says something contains errors and i needed to run a check program manually i typed in 2fsch -v -y /dev/hda2 (i cant remeber the first part but it was something like "2fsck". so it ran and it said it fixed everything but on the next reboot it did the same thing and said more errors were found i did it like 4 more times then i deleted the new partition and redid it with G-Parted again and now im back to the 999999's all over the screen any tips would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Default problem

ok i have done this install on 5 other computers, ive gone through all the tuts
    but i cant get past the problem, i just tried to install again, 1 has anyone noticed the the battery meter isnt functioning right, it say i have full battery im hook up to a/c and its charging but the time left stays at 0 , and during the install it just completly powers off, any ideas why? 2 if i cant get this loaded on is there anyway to fix the MBR to get it to go back to normal or do i have to reinstall XP?

Default fixed kinda of

well i fixed it well at least the MBR part. just for the record i used a win XP disc and booted it to the recovery console and then went to command promt and enter fixmbr seleted the drive said yea and that was it it took about 5 seconds, no data loss or anything, as far as dual booting not yet it said in BT start up bad superblock im not sure what caused it maybe it was because the computer shut down half way through install are possible i burnt the disk to fast im not sure but the disk worked on the other installs and i used magic iso and i think 8x write