Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tmobile hotspot info

Default Tmobile hotspot info

So, I was sitting in starbucks and realized that I couldn't see any other hosts on the lan, no ping replies from anything. So I turned on another laptop so I could test things out on it, without touching anyone else's computer.

I tried different types of hping configurations and nmap scans against my other computer and nothing seemed to get any sort of response. The only way I could see the other computer was firing up kismet and looking at the clients.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get around this and what they are doing to keep hosts from seeing each other? I just want to know how it's all set up.
    I have no intention to do anything illegal, I'm just curious.

Thanks.

I think the nearest you are going to get to an answer, because of the obvious, is this.

The reason is a setting called client isolation.

And that is where I will leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by ats1080 View Post
    Nice link.

Sums it up very simply and clearly.

Yeah, thanks for the link.

I wonder if there's any way around it.
    I just flashed my router with DD-wrt, which has that feature on it, so I may be able to fool around with it a bit.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by blackglasspirate View Post
    Yeah, thanks for the link.

I wonder if there's any way around it.
    I just flashed my router with DD-wrt, which has that feature on it, so I may be able to fool around with it a bit.
    Why would you want to get around it? Since getting around it in a TMobile hotspot would be illegal.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Default Canopy

It is entirely possible to accomplish that which you wish here. However, I do not believe that programs currently available have the capability to do it easily.

I have produced a Flash Video of very recent work in this area which details success in the direct communication between one station and another without association or authentication with the Wireless Access Point. The video is currently being peer reviewed by colleagues in the USA and the UK. It utilises a program which I wrote named 'Canopy' using python and this is being extended and tested.

I am also writing a paper to disclose this work which will be available for review shortly.
    Lux sit

thats awesome. i was just getting ready to read up on how to do that. if i read correctly you mean your program can connect to another laptop through mac address? and without using ad-hoc? awesome work.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

yes it's A ****ING AWESOME job and

From an other Koder , MUCH Respect to You...
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    It is entirely possible to accomplish that which you wish here. However, I do not believe that programs currently available have the capability to do it easily.

I have produced a Flash Video of very recent work in this area which details success in the direct communication between one station and another without association or authentication with the Wireless Access Point. The video is currently being peer reviewed by colleagues in the USA and the UK. It utilises a program which I wrote named 'Canopy' using python and this is being extended and tested.

I am also writing a paper to disclose this work which will be available for review shortly.
    Well from one Seattleite to another, I would be very interested to see your work... (especially since it uses python). I'm going to focus my security studies here in the future with python, since it f*****g rocks!
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast