Thread: Card problrm??

Just burned his ISO

Default Card problrm??

I use bt2 live cd and this poor card
    Mini PCI Broadcom 4311 802.11 b/g
    on a laptop Compaq Espire v3000

i cant se any signal with wifimanager with this card even using eth1 up and ifconfig, iwconfig.

I tried the aircrack pack v.9, i installit but as im not a experience user of linux i dont know if is really installed, well i can use it after installit and when i check the version is the 9 version.

I think after installing this version maybe i could find any signal with my card but it doesn't.

I need another instruction to activate my card?? or I have no luck as so many other with this chipset

And in other question i can make the changes saves on a usb i mena if i install a programa o configure some things of the system it coul be saved on a USB? I only use the live cd and maybe i not planning installing the bt2 if i can test that my card works

Thanks for you answers, well i hope anybody answer

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by frasco View Post
    I use bt2 live cd and this poor card
    Mini PCI Broadcom 4311 802.11 b/g
    on a laptop Compaq Espire v3000

i cant se any signal with wifimanager with this card even using eth1 up and ifconfig, iwconfig.

I tried the aircrack pack v.9, i installit but as im not a experience user of linux i dont know if is really installed, well i can use it after installit and when i check the version is the 9 version.

I think after installing this version maybe i could find any signal with my card but it doesn't.

I need another instruction to activate my card?? or I have no luck as so many other with this chipset

And in other question i can make the changes saves on a usb i mena if i install a programa o configure some things of the system it coul be saved on a USB? I only use the live cd and maybe i not planning installing the bt2 if i can test that my card works

Thanks for you answers, well i hope anybody answer
    You could probably answer your own question had you bothered to search. This has been asked ad nauseum, and at least twice in the past week.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

1)Saving changes in the USB is permanent and in LiveCD is until you logged out.

2)wifimanger does not display signal for some mini PCI such as IPW3945, etc.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for your answers,

streaker69 :well first i actually want to test that with my card i can really do something after that i could save my modifs or presets on USB but thanks for the answer.

MAybe the important question is if thera are some way to test that my card is capturing any signal???

Funnyman You answer that there are some cases that WifiMAnager does not report any signal but when I trie some instruction with the suite aircrack-ng, theres nothing captured any packet.

There are three wifi nets close to my house and of course mine, and neither i cnat see it.

Any sugestion or instructions to check if my chipset is doing smething. I can make that "ifconfig eth1 up" works well it light on the led indicator but maybe it really menas nothing.

I apreciate your help

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

buy a new card !!!

broadcom support is sketchy as best !!!
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the message

"buy a new card"

It really help so much, but anyway I just really want to know if there was really problem with my card, I actually think that causea I read in many posts and supports that this chipset its very a problem n not very useful.

But I no sure if this is my problem cause i can receive any siognal.

Can anybody say just "YES" or "NO" ????

And I think if the broadcom cards give so many problems its not really the card, its the driver or something, but it really works with windows, and i know that linux can do everything that windows and even BETTER and more many things. Yeah the problem for injection its differente but to make function the card, its just a matter of time.

Well I was just curious and want to try back track and its posibilities but I dont need to buy a card just to test it!!!!!!

Can anybody say just "YES" or "NO" ????
    YES

or

NO
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Well I was just curious and want to try back track and its posibilities but I dont need to buy a card just to test it!!!!!!
    Given this statement why did you start this thread?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

There is no point in testing it, if you're not going to use hardware that actually works.

As it's been stated. Buy a card that's supported.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Broadcum sucks...

Buy an Atheros chipped card if you want to get a guaranteed working pentesting card. They are WIDELY supported in Linux for injection and monitoring.

Thread closed.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]