Thread: Advice would be nice concerning rfcomm/bluesnarfer

Default Advice would be nice concerning rfcomm/bluesnarfer

Hello all

Been a while since I posted. I have been trying to bluesnarf my phone for 2 days now. Its working fine, I have set everything up correctly. rfcomm has been edited and I made the directories all correctly by the book.

There is something wrong with rfcomm, this is my error below:

bt rfcomm # bluesnarfer -r 1-100 -b 00:11:XX:XX:XX:XX
    device name: Nokia 6230
    bluesnarfer: tcgetattr failed, Input/output error
    bluesnarfer: bt_rfcomm_config failed
    bluesnarfer: unable to create rfcomm connection
    bluesnarfer: release rfcomm ok

Please advise me, I have seen over 7 threads already asking about this question and nobody replied, so I did hesitate before posting this. Believe me I never ask for help unless Im really stuck, I really studied this hard and I have hit a brick wall. Anything at all is welcome, any advice at all...obviously prepared to do homework

All the Best

Hello, I checked this thread today. Funny how 18 people viewed it and not one person even said hello lol.

I hope someone with a bit of knowledge stumbles upon this thread, my head is still boggled because I still get the same error:

bt bluetooth # bluesnarfer -r n-m -b 00:11:XX:XX:XX:FF
    device name: Nokia 6230
    bluesnarfer: tcgetattr failed, Input/output error
    bluesnarfer: bt_rfcomm_config failed
    bluesnarfer: unable to create rfcomm connection
    bluesnarfer: release rfcomm ok

I cant find any articles not even with the Google-Fu that I have, Im beginning to think that maybe nobody apart from Twin Vega got this working. Im sure that if I decompiled the program there would more than likely be a hex in it...not sure to waste my time checking though .

Again, any advice will be nice

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Hello, rolfcopter.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Funny how 18 people viewed it and not one person even said hello lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69
    Hello, rolfcopter.
    ...Funny

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

18 people viewed it because 18 people probably have the same issue and checked to see if there was a solution. I have the same problem, but no solution. I'm not going to say anything as a reply if I have nothing to offer. If I had a tip, or a trick, i would say something. But look up bluetooth in the forums, lots of questions, not a lot of answers. Maybe everyone just gave up on good ol' blue.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

i cant verify this.... dont got my laptop or my bluetooth phone... but I believe something to do with RFcomm connect is needed before the bluesnarfing takes place.... Bring up the rfcomm man page and read into it...

Believe me, I am doing my homework, always have...it's just that Ive hit a brick wall. Im not a leech, I have also posted a few tutorials on other subjects. I just thought someone could contribute to this question.

Hopefully, there will an answer someday. If I get it I will make a tutorial on it.

Good friend of the forums williamc's Avatar

Its been awhile since I worked on bluetooth, but I put together this tutorial:
    irongeek.com/i.php?page=videos/bluesnarf1

Make sure rfcomm is up:
    open /dev/bluetooth/rfcomm/0

if not:
    hciconfig hci0 up

Try reading this thread too:
    forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8149
    William