Thread: PRISM2.5 using HOSTAP problem increasing IV's

Just burned his ISO

Default PRISM2.5 using HOSTAP problem increasing IV's

Hi all,

I've been playing with various cards etc using BT2 with updated Aircrack-ng to v0.9.

My latest card is a prism 2.5 based card (zcom XI-325) which I have flashed the firmware to 1.7.4.

I've removed the orinoco module and using the hostap module.

Now I can get this card to monitor and inject seperately but when I try to put the whole thing together the IV's do not increase.

Now i can get a good dump using a atheros based card (wg511t) so I know the way to get the AP to respond and can crack the WEPusing this card.

so i ran up a second atheros based card in the same machine and set it to use airodump, now when i inject with the prism based card the iv's shoot up to about 170/s on the atheros card but on the prism card it's still showing 0/s

Any ideas why the prism card is not receiving the iv's from the AP but the atheros card is?

It proves the prism card is injecting by receiving the replies on the atheros card.

Reason i want to use the prism card is the external antenna option and higher power.

Any ideas?

Default try

try:

pccardctl eject
    rmmod orinoco_cs
    rmmod orinoco
    rmmod hermes
    modprobe hostap_cs
    pccardctl insert

This will specifically enable the hostap drivers.

This is similar to a 2511 CD Ext card and one should be aware that although transmission capability can be increased (by command) sensitivity is a function of antenna and positioning.

The antenna needs to be connected to the correct connector. The Engenuius FAQ suggests this:

.......On the 2511 CD PLUS EXT2 with external antenna leads there is a 'main' and 'aux' antenna lead. Hold the card with the PCMCIA connector part pointing to the right, the top of the card facing you (with the light on top), the main antenna is the one on the bottom. You only need to attach ONE antenna to this card to have it work properly. The second antenna lead (auxilliary) is only needed if you want to support receive diversity........
    Lux sit

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the reply blackfoot,

OK i've used your commands instead of the commands I was using to remove the Orinoco module and use the host-ap module but still it has no effect.

I'm currently using the dual plug in antenna that comes with the card, thanks for the tip on connecting an external antenna.

What I have noticed also is that when I start airdump the RXQ is 100, I then start the fake auth and everything still looks ok, I get the smiley face etc and RXQ is still 100 but as soon as aireplay receives an ARP request and starts to send packets the RXQ on Airodump goes to 0.

So am I'm loosing the receive signal, if so why?

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Hi all,

Any more comments, I've been trying different ideas for a while, including reducing the packets per second injected etc.

I just don't understand why the RXQ goes to zero when the injection starts.

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Bump!
    I know this old but noone put any fix here...Help I have this problem now!