Thread: Metasploit control codes ctrl+z

Just burned his ISO

Question Metasploit control codes ctrl+z

Does anyone know how to send control codes like ctl+z through a remote shell in metasploit? Just pressing the buttons doesn't work. I know I can generate the same thing by holding alt and typing 26 on my num pad, but that doesn't work either. To give you an example of what I'm trying to do.
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>copy con readme.txt
    Hello :)
    ^Z
            1 file(s) copied.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>
    Note: the ^Z you see in the code above is what is generated by ctrl+z when in a real command prompt. In this case it's used, follwed by <enter>, to exit the copy con command.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
    Does anyone know how to send control codes like ctl+z through a remote shell in metasploit? Just pressing the buttons doesn't work. I know I can generate the same thing by holding alt and typing 26 on my num pad, but that doesn't work either. To give you an example of what I'm trying to do.
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>copy con readme.txt
    Hello :)
    ^Z
            1 file(s) copied.

C:\Documents and Settings\user>
    Note: the ^Z you see in the code above is what is generated by ctrl+z when in a real command prompt. In this case it's used, follwed by <enter>, to exit the copy con command.
    You should be using meterpreter for copying files back to your attack computer or better yet use your shell to install a tunneling client

Just burned his ISO

I was just playing around and realised I couldn't send the ctl z. I guess if I really wanted to do it I'd have to get un lazy lol. Thanks for the help purehate
    Nothing is what it seems