Thread: Unable to obtain Ip address

Just burned his ISO

Default Unable to obtain Ip address

Hi I am trying to get onto wep network, I got the wep key phrase but I am getting error : unable to obtain Ip address. I have no clue where to start so if any of you have ran into this problem lets get some ideas going. Something also that went haywire was Another wpa 2 network I usually use was saying bad passphrase but it was the right one, so i ended up reinstalling backtrack 5 64 bit and then it worked again. I do not know why, this must be some sort of bug. Anyways let me know thank you.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Unable to obtain Ip address

I have this problem too, i can't connect to any network on Wifi on my notebook. always says. Obtaining ip adress. then gives error.!!!

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Unable to obtain Ip address

Well it is backtrack that is the problem because I am able to connect on windows. I really like backtrack so I am going to need an understanding to why this happens and how to fix it. Do you use backtrack 5 64 bit as well? Either way I am happy because I made my first network intrusion now I will be able to understand alittle bit more about network security.

Just burned his ISO

Cool Re: Unable to obtain Ip address

Quote Originally Posted by Redm1 View Post
    Hi I am trying to get onto wep network, I got the wep key phrase but I am getting error : unable to obtain Ip address. I have no clue where to start so if any of you have ran into this problem lets get some ideas going. Something also that went haywire was Another wpa 2 network I usually use was saying bad passphrase but it was the right one, so i ended up reinstalling backtrack 5 64 bit and then it worked again. I do not know why, this must be some sort of bug. Anyways let me know thank you.

i had this issue too.
    i was connecting to my WPA2 network without any errors, in the last days, i chaged my internet connection (well, i had to)
    after a lot of try, i figured out that we need to set an ip and dns before connect to the network.
    so i reconfigured my connection like follows;

ip: 192.168.1.1
    subnet: 255.255.255.1
    router/gateway: 192.168.1.1
    dns:192.168.1.1

and i could connect
    i hope it helps.